A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Novemterra

Go down 
+5
Boomerwang
Alterith
hikaritenchi
RaSa
Archtemplari
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue16/33Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

Novemterra - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 12:17 am

i think jerry has overall control though...
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue31/21Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 5:36 am

the universe would snap in two leaving only the cockroaches to inherit the "earth" ;D
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue10/10Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Offense: 2 Claws +2/+2 1d6+1/1d6+1 or Masterwork Bastard Sword +3 1d10+1
Defense: AC:17 (10+1(NA)+2(Dex)+4(Chain Shirt))

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:41 am

Well, we've covered what I may be called, we'll stick to that. If you should call me something else, it's not like I'll break down in tears, but I might remove your heart with a spoon. Sorry for being on your case so much about the super multiclassing, but I guess that's my opinion of it. Oh, and so you know, if you are out to make enemies, I am an able opponent. Where's Boomer! I need confirmation now so I can proceed with my character. Actually I'll probably be vetoed because half fiends are only from the seventh shell, so that disallows ninja as a starting class. I guess I'll have to start as a Warlock instead and then multiclass.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/14Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:51 am

Just take a level in half fiend as your first level, and then at level 2, find some way to get down to shell 6 to learn the ninja trade...... either that or just have me teach you :-P

Also, my character is originally from shell 8, and then moved to shell 6 about halfway through his life...... and he's still a ninja.

You just need to come up with a good enough background story to convince Jerry that becoming a ninja is viable :)
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue10/10Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Offense: 2 Claws +2/+2 1d6+1/1d6+1 or Masterwork Bastard Sword +3 1d10+1
Defense: AC:17 (10+1(NA)+2(Dex)+4(Chain Shirt))

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyWed Jun 04, 2008 11:55 am

Thanks, sounds good, I haven't heard back yet, and didn't know how strictly he was enforcing that.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 4:24 pm

ho ho ho. i got ourselves a clericcccc

Jerry, the new guy is a friend from umich, we took EECS281 together.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue16/33Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 11:09 pm

oh snap! maybe i'll take a level+ in cleric so that we've got one too... well, depending on whether or not the mm3 or the d&d wiki is right about the blackscale favored class. jerry?
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 8:37 am

hikaritenchi wrote:
ho ho ho. i got ourselves a clericcccc

Jerry, the new guy is a friend from umich, we took EECS281 together.

Cool, noted.

MeNotHolgar wrote:
oh snap! maybe i'll take a level+ in cleric so that we've got one too... well, depending on whether or not the mm3 or the d&d wiki is right about the blackscale favored class. jerry?

Material provided in official, published sources always supersede that of any online resource. The only exception is the actual Wizards website, most notably their posting of Errata for their various books. D&D Wiki can be a great resource for double-checking rules on-the-fly, but most of its material is user-provided, as is the tradition with Wiki-type sites.

D&D Wiki material that is directly related to the game will have a note at the top of their articles stating "this information is part of the OGL," which is Wizards' way of allowing third parties to legally distribute its "basic d20" game system information or any works inspired originally by their d20 game system. Any article in D&D Wiki that does not have this statement at its top is most likely a user-published article.

[edit] Forgot to add, our group might be getting a cleric too. So no worries!
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 9:00 am

awesome. i noticed there was a section at the bottom of that article that said the starred items were d&d cannon material, but obviously there were a few differences. anyway, good info on the wiki and link to the errata. hooray clerics!
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/14Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:10 am

we gotz a cleric! w000 whoooo!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 11:59 am

Haha, yeah, true enough. Though material like the Blackscale shouldn't be on there because it's not covered by the OGL. In fact, nothing in the MM3 is OGL material, hehehehe. :)
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 3:16 pm

what's OGL stand for?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 5:42 pm

open gaming license i think?
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 8:55 pm

ahh, ok, thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 8:13 am

Boomerwang wrote:
... D&D Wiki material that is directly related to the game will have a note at the top of their articles stating "this information is part of the OGL," which is Wizards' way of allowing third parties to legally distribute its "basic d20" game system information ...

RaSa wrote:
what's OGL stand for?

*tear* I see my URL coding efforts have gone to waste... *sniff*
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 8:51 am

haha jerry. you've got to understand that andrew only reads the most recent post. if he has to scroll up, it takes too much effort so he misses out on a lot of posts. if you want him to read everything, you'd have to multi-quote the entire thread in each post... except then it would probably be too long... and too much effort for that reason, hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 10:41 am

yeah, you basically got that right. And the multi quote thing, then i'd probably just skim it....
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 11:14 am

Death of a Forum?

*sigh*
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 4:13 pm

I keep logging on to check it..... nobody has been responding to my posts! >.< anyway, i'm still around with much faster internetz too! though i start work officially this week, and i'll be uber busy during the standard work week, i'll be free for some gaming on weekends. I'm considering playing some cs:s right now just to see how fast my internets are :)
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:04 pm

bahhh, cs:s... go old school w/ ben and me. Counter-Strike: THE ORIGINAL all the way, baby!

anyway, i know people have been logging on because i've checked the 'members' screen and seen when they last signed on... but no one is posting (obviously myself included). maybe we need some sort of spark plug to get things going again. hmmm... maybe if Dan and Jerry and Trevor (though i'm not involved in his) started their games going again it would get people back on the site with stuff to say. also the new tv season is starting up and i'm ready for Heroes, Prison Break, CSI and others to come back! My Own Worst Enemy looks interesting and I'm excited for The Fringe as well. Re-watched most of Record of Lodoss War too, but I need to finish that. I'll try to throw some posts up myself to see if that'll help ignite the fervor that we saw not that long ago.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue31/21Novemterra - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 7:52 pm

I've been posting less because I've been busy pretty much every weekend for the past 2 months. I haven't been this busy since...well...um...yeah, ok, I've never had this many plans. Alison finally figured out that since I'm working a set schedule she can plan stuff with family and what not...EVERY WEEKEND. Not that I don't like having stuff to do, but I kinda miss being able to just sit around and play video games and do nothing productive once in awhile. I get time to play before she gets home each night from like 3-5, but nobody else is free then since you're all working or in class or whatever. I tried to get Dan to come back on, still waiting on a reply from him on that one...guessing he went back into hiding. Maybe I should just start a game. At least I'd be able to post something every day on it Razz Dunno what I'd run though. Any interest? Maybe I can get Jerry to give me admin so I can run something.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:10 pm

I'd love rifts... but i don't think it would work on here. any other games you've been wanting to try (or try again)?
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:24 pm

you always do kickass cthulhu games..... so i'd be down with that too. rifts is my first choice as well though, cuz if dan ever does restart his campaign, we'd have 2 dark games going on. Not that that would be a problem, i just think it'd be a bit more manageable with rifts.

Just curious..... why wouldn't rifts work? I don't remember how the game was set up completely, but i remember you had to roll a % to do skills, and we always rolled d20's for attacks. Is it just the melee that would get nuts? Give me more details so i can think about it and help get it worked out.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 01, 2008 10:39 pm

yeah, combat is the issue. each combat you get x number of actions which would make combats take much longer. i guess it wouldn't be impossible, just more time consuming/difficult.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 5:44 am

For practicality you would have to just list your actions (I spend 3 of my 5 actions attacking and reserve 2 for dodge). Then your opponent lists his/her actions. If you have initiative you would post second. If the person with the lower initiative has a dodge and nobody attacks them, then they lose the action (the penalty of going 2nd). Something along those lines. Otherwise combat would involve 20 posts for each round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Novemterra
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next