A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Novemterra

Go down 
+5
Boomerwang
Alterith
hikaritenchi
RaSa
Archtemplari
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue9/14Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

Novemterra - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2008 3:19 pm

him.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/33Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2008 3:25 pm

ok, another question. how does the barbarian illiteracy affect multi-classing? i know somewhere in the phb there is something that says that if you multi-class to a barb from something else, the illiteracy does not apply... but what about w/ monster classes?

if i take barbarian 1/monster 1 am i illiterate and unable to learn to read later? (even if i go to kindergarten?) or does the monster class act as a prior class, so the illiteracy does not apply...?

confusion.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2008 8:33 pm

Barbarians are illiterate because they have focused so extensively on their martial training and have no reason to learn to read. However, it does say that they can learn to read in the future. Hence a barbarian can take a level in wizard if he likes and still read his spellbook. I can get the book and actually find the specific reference if I need to, but I don't know where it came from offhand. I think it was in one of the feats or something that it mentioned it. Wait...it was under the literacy skill. You can take the specific skill literacy in order to learn to read (given that you roleplay out how you learn a, b, c etc). So being a blackscale first and then choosing barbarian would probably mean you are a barbarian (since monster classes have to choose an associated class with their monster type in my understanding). So you wouldn't be allowed to read/write unless you chose the skill literacy. That is my understanding anyway.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/18Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 11:36 am

Does anyone have a 3.5 phb .pdf I can get a copy off of? I had one, but can't find it (might have been on my old hard drive that died). I don't have my actual 3.5 phb book with me either.
Back to top Go down
Archtemplari

Archtemplari

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/14Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Offense: BAB: +1 Melee: 4 Ranged: 2
Defense: AC: 15 FF: 14 Touch: 11

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 1:40 pm

the 3.5 phb is part of the OEM, so you can find it online in the SRD (system reference documents). Wizards has an SRD online, but i prefer this one, it has fewer frames.

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/theraven_stephenh/brief.html

Also, in regards to your post on the novemterran sky threads, druids can use medium armor, so long as it isn't metal. (dragonscale, for example, is fine). Was that magic hide, or just masterwork? Magic would be nice, but masterwork isn't worth it for me.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 3:51 pm

MeNotHolgar wrote:
ok, another question. how does the barbarian illiteracy affect multi-classing? i know somewhere in the phb there is something that says that if you multi-class to a barb from something else, the illiteracy does not apply... but what about w/ monster classes?

if i take barbarian 1/monster 1 am i illiterate and unable to learn to read later? (even if i go to kindergarten?) or does the monster class act as a prior class, so the illiteracy does not apply...?
confusion.[/spoiler]

For specific purposes of this particular game context, I'd say that monster classes that grant a character his first experience level do not count toward literacy, which makes your example correct (except that you can learn to read later). Illiteracy does apply, until, as Ben mentioned, you can give your character literacy - I think the rule is purchasing a Literacy skill for the cost of 2 skill points.

Alterith wrote:
(since monster classes have to choose an associated class with their monster type in my understanding)

This is true for the majority of monster classes adapted for player use. However, if a monster race is powerful enough to grant a significant level adjustment (eg. contrast dark elves who have a +2 level adjustment with a Braxat who has like +9 or +16), then the race actually provides the character with its own class structure (until the level progression is maxed out) and the character treats that monster race like a true class. So there are these two kinds - monster races that behave like Core races, and monster races that behave like Core classes (and then, the character's race is his class as well).
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue9/14Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 5:15 pm

so if Rasa dies, can i play a silver dragon? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 5:57 pm

You probably could...but you'd still suck at 1st lvl Razz You'd just be a hatchling...maybe just an egg Razz
Back to top Go down
Archtemplari

Archtemplari

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue14/14Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyFri May 16, 2008 8:28 pm

rofl, roleplaying an egg. that would be awesome.
On an unrelated note, the common OOC thread that david put up won't let me post in it. or anyone else, i'd guess, since jerry is the only other person to respond there.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue12/18Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2008 12:14 am

Archtemplari wrote:
the 3.5 phb is part of the OEM, so you can find it online in the SRD (system reference documents). Wizards has an SRD online, but i prefer this one, it has fewer frames.

http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/theraven_stephenh/brief.html

Thanks.

Archtemplari wrote:
Also, in regards to your post on the novemterran sky threads, druids can use medium armor, so long as it isn't metal. (dragonscale, for example, is fine). Was that magic hide, or just masterwork? Magic would be nice, but masterwork isn't worth it for me.

I believe it is a medium scale mail +1. So yes, it is magic, though considering it is scale mail it probably is made out of metal. (Unless I'm mistaken).
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySat May 17, 2008 2:43 am

Alterith wrote:
You probably could...but you'd still suck at 1st lvl Razz You'd just be a hatchling...maybe just an egg Razz

I can see it now...

"Alright, andrew, it's your action"

"I roll into him!"

"he steps on you.... you break"

"OH NOES!"

gg.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 5:21 pm

time to make another character.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 5:25 pm

oh well..... it woulda been fun. so when are we going to start anyway?
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 7:13 pm

Archtemplari wrote:
rofl, roleplaying an egg. that would be awesome.
On an unrelated note, the common OOC thread that david put up won't let me post in it. or anyone else, i'd guess, since jerry is the only other person to respond there.

Should be fixed. Try it and let me know if it's still not working. Sorry for the inconvenience!
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/33Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:25 pm

still no access for me though... *sigh*
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyWed May 21, 2008 10:44 pm

Ok, just updated permissions, turns out there were a lot of settings that somehow were not what I wanted them to be... weird. Anyways thanks for testing so far guys, please keep me informed.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyThu May 22, 2008 4:02 am

awesome..... CROSS!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySat May 31, 2008 1:43 pm

Haha.

Fyi, 'ttbek' is a friend from school that David and I met this past year. :)
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 2:07 am

sounds fun! i take it he's joining your game?
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 pm

At the moment that looks to be the case, although the final decision will definitely be up to him. :)
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10/10Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Offense: 2 Claws +2/+2 1d6+1/1d6+1 or Masterwork Bastard Sword +3 1d10+1
Defense: AC:17 (10+1(NA)+2(Dex)+4(Chain Shirt))

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Hey Boomer, did you see my post on your wall? Before I can really do anything I need a) confirmation on level (2, right?) b) warlock advancement tables/spell info, that good stuff. I could play in either campaign, though I know David's group has been wanting a spellcaster. Also what should I be doing with regard to equipment. Should I use the standard 2nd level wealth and assume general availability of items the appear in the Player's Handbook? Modifiers are limited at +10 and roles are trust based, correct? Yet another thing...take your turn in the chess game already, it's been ages. Lastly, hello to everyone, my name is Ben, my character is still nameless and nonexistant at the moment, but I'll work on that. Speaking of eggs, I like eggs, I wonder what dragon eggs taste like...
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 3:40 pm

haha, good to have you on the forums. really either group could use a caster. with Gary (safirgar) in europe all summer(?) and Nick (kaymoris) taking his sweet time, you might be better to join Jerry's group. right now it's really only me, until Trevor (archtemplari) is introduced in the campaign.

btw, my name is Alex and hopefully as others log on and read this, they will introduce themselves as well.
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue10/10Novemterra - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Offense: 2 Claws +2/+2 1d6+1/1d6+1 or Masterwork Bastard Sword +3 1d10+1
Defense: AC:17 (10+1(NA)+2(Dex)+4(Chain Shirt))

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 3:52 pm

Cool, nice to meet you Alex. I think I'm going to leave the campaign choice to David and Boomer, that way no can complain to me that, "our group needed the spells more," though I'm not entirely sure how useful the warlock's spell set is going to be. Also, DM's I just rolled my stats using the second method, 3d6 9 times, top six. Results are 15, 5, 12, 17, 10, 10, 13, 9, and 13, obviously dropping 5, 9, and 10. I have yet to arrange them since I need to find the warlock info first.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 6:12 pm

Hey Ben, I just added you to my gaming group so that you can post in the Novemterra forum and in my game as well (Scars of the Planet). I'll address your above concerns there. :)
Back to top Go down
Archtemplari

Archtemplari

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 02, 2008 8:03 pm

SO i'm going to Virginia Beach for the summer -- working construction for my cousin Bruce who i've never met. I don't know if this will impact my posting or not, but if i hit radio silence, that's why. I'll try to get online when i can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Novemterra
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next