A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Novemterra

Go down 
+5
Boomerwang
Alterith
hikaritenchi
RaSa
Archtemplari
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue12/18Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

Novemterra - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 11:01 am

Well ... I don't have any ongoing games at the moment, thus I am rather inactive on the boards. Besides, I have no permission to comment even in the OOC thread for the "current" (read: Jerry's Chapter 2) games.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue31/21Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 8:54 pm

So yeah, I can run a campaign following a book I just read as the basis. Its a world without magic, but there would be monsters and other races, and a form of allomancy. It would fit alright in the world of rifts. If you are interested in me running it then just let me know and I'll talk with Jerry about getting a forum for it. I would allow any race or class, however human would be the predominant species, and anything deviating from that would be viewed with fear and suspicion. Would be based on the world of Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson if you are interested in looking up on the idea. Otherwise you would learn it as the game unfolds. Story would be unique, but I want to use his idea of the world order. Again, let me know if you are interested and I'll get it rolling. I can email scanned images from any of the books I own, or if you find an online resource thats fine too. Just let me know what you would want to be and we'll work it out. I can also let you know more about the world if you are interested. I'd do combat as I said above...with the exception that the initiative wouldn't have such a big influence. You would declare all of your actions as I said, and I would declare all of the opponents actions, the person who won the initiative would then get to switch 1 of his/her actions to give them a slight advantage. I think this is the fastest, fairest way of doing it. Unless someone has a better idea, or I could just run it using the d20 system for simplicity. Or I can just run a traditional rifts game and we can take the time between each action. Let me know your thoughts.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue9/14Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2008 10:53 pm

Thoughts:

-no magic? isn't magic the premise of rifts?!?!
-What about teh psychics?
-What's this about burning metals? Wikipedia confuses me.
-6 month 20 second battle sequence does not seem like a good idea
-I like the posting of actions idea
-D20 system would also work well. If you're removing magic, how is everything going to work out to become rifts like?
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 8:09 am

i'm finally in japan, btw.

if it's rifts, i'm probably not going to join, 'cause i don't really know the rules and stuff...but if anything else pops up, lemme know.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue31/21Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 3:14 pm

Like I said, it wouldn't be set in the Rifts world per-se. I would just use the palladium system and the rifts books to design characters so I don't have to come with my own entire world and classes like Jerry is doing. I'm just too lazy for that kind of work Razz Allomancy in this context is the ability to consume metals and burn them within your own body to produce effects. The book I read explains how it works and who can do what, but for the game purpose it may be better for you to learn about it as your character does. The ability is rare, and the general public knows almost nothing about it. If you want to have a chance to be an allomancer then it would work like the psionics in Rifts, you have a very small percentile chance of being a minor psionic, and a tiny fraction of being a major psionic. In this game you have a small chance of being an allomancer, and a tiny chance of being Mistborn. All it means for game terms is you can't choose a magic/psionic class. You would be a tech or a soldier based character, at least to start.

Like I said, I can just as easily run a traditional Rifts campaign in America, I've read some other books that might work in that setting too. Mistborn I just read recently and thought it might make a good game setting. Up to you guys. I'm not gonna run the game for just Andrew either. I need at least 3 people to play otherwise I find it gets boring...though even if its just Alex and Andrew I can handle that, still waiting to hear if you're actually interested or not Alex Razz

And I can explain the system to you david and send you a copy of the basics from the main rifts book if we play in that setting. It's really easy to learn, simpler in my opinion than d20 actually. I roll a die and add my strike bonus, you roll and add your parry or dodge (depending on melee or projectile attack). Bigger number wins. You have x number of actions in a round, when you run out you don't act until the next round. You can still parry, but can no longer dodge. Skills are a % chance. So you start with a 35% chance of successfully performing said skill. Then as you level the % goes up. Some skills help other skills and raise the % and the dm can make any skill easier or harder adjusting the % as he/she see's fit given the situation. Climbing a broken up rock wall would make it much easier, climbing an ice cliff would make it much more difficult. You roll d100 and if you are under your %, you succeed at whatever you are trying to do. Thats about it. Magic is a little different, but not much. You can only cast 2 spells a turn, no matter how many actions you have. The person you cast at has a save bonus and they have to beat your spells save lvl. As in d20 some spells you save and have 1/2 effect, others you save and the spell has no effect. Carpet of Adhesion is the most broken spell in the game and I do no allow it to be used for any reason whatsoever unless you want me to send a small group of 1st lvl mages against the party who will then kill you all regardless of your lvl, equipment, or magic using that spell Razz Well, that spell and some form of attack or other. Granted if you are invuln to fire its a little harder, but thats about your only chance of protection. So no Carpet. If I run it as Mistborn it won't matter because there is no magic, otherwise it will come into play as it does.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue16/33Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:15 pm

yeah, i'm down. i'll be able to post more when i'm back at my apt. i'm currently in Detroit on business. i guess i'd rather there be magic... but i'm down with whatever. how will tech work? cybernetics? how about anything from the Japan Rifts book with mecha-samurai or whatever?
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 5:50 pm

Again, I can run a normal Rifts game. That seems to be what people would prefer. We'll say set in a border town of the coalition. Magic is available but rare, tech is available, but generally low grade and inferior. Law is basically established by local brigands who demand payment for protection. The coalition sends shock troops to sweep the area for magic and db's about once every 6 months, and they have a few groups that operate in the area to keep order and make sure the towns at least profess their allegiance. So any race/class is allowed, and you can have equipment from the black market (given the cost, so if you choose a Japan race/class it would still have its primary gear). However, you run a risk choosing exceptional gear or tw equipment. Sound fair?
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue9/14Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 8:24 pm

you didn't address his japan question. If you were to run a campaign, i'd definitely be interested in playing a character from japan or a character from psyscape. I really like the mystic ninja class from japan, so i'd probably play that from japan, and for psyscape, I think it'd be fun to play a Psi-Ghost, Nega-Psychic, or a PSI-Nullifier. Let me know what you think :)
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 03, 2008 11:29 pm

yeah sure, lemme know what i should be reading...sounds like fun.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 3:25 pm

I did address it actually, I said if you play a character that is from another area, for instance japan, then you will have access to the starting equipment through the black market, if you want further equipment, you have to acquire it at cost through roleplaying
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 9:36 pm

so if i were to play any of the 4 said classes it wouldn't be a problem? awesome. I'll get back to you on which i'll be playing once i have confirmation that we are infact playing :)
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 5:43 am

Rarely do I put limitations on races unless I'm running for a specific campaign (like if I ran the Mistborn idea). But in general games I don't really care, I don't have any story guidelines ahead of time, so regardless of what you are I can make any combat interesting and any storyline difficult. The more powerful you are, the more powerful your nemesis will become, though of course, you can destroy the little town you're currently residing in with little trouble (see glitterboy with armor for instance). Just be aware that your chances of having "optional" equipment native to your homeland is very low. So a samas pilot for instance doesn't get his samas armor as starting equipment, it is given to him on a per mission basis. So you wouldn't have it unless you can explain to me why you have a mission to a rinky-dink little town in the badlands. But your general starting equipment is available to you regardless of its origins, but if you have a specialty in say a specialized sword or something and yours gets stolen or broken, you may be up a creek.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptySat Sep 06, 2008 9:10 pm

has anyone found the core book download? If not, let me know if you need it and I can scan the one I have and email it to you.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 1:46 am

i gotz enough books, trust me..... but thanks!

ps, who is in the game besides me and alex?

EDIT: i can't post on the rifts forum. give me the ability please :)
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 2:54 am

RaSa wrote:
i gotz enough books, trust me..... but thanks!

I'm the one without books...if y'all give me the names, I can start looking for what to read.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:00 am

The Rifts core book. Look up Rifts or Rifts: Role-Playing Game. It's made by Palladium.

Also, any other books you may find that are also rifts may be worth the download, because you'll be able to find new types of characters to play.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptySun Sep 07, 2008 10:32 am

Ok, you all should have access to it now, let me know if you don't
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue12/18Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 8:04 pm

Thanks, I'm interested since I've got nothing right now. However, I will need to find to get the book info seeing as how I have no clue about RIFTS.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2008 9:28 pm

suggestion to you: Pick something out of the core book. It's the easiest way to make a character, and you'll only need one book to do it. Where you can find it? that i can't tell you. cuz i have no clue

To ben: I'm planning on playing a psi-tech. depending on my motivation, it may or may not get done tonight, but should be completed by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 5:42 am

http://www.mininova.org/tor/327451 there is a torrent site with all the key books.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
Novemterra - Page 6 Left_bar_bleue16/33Novemterra - Page 6 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 09, 2008 4:41 pm

i am definitely in on this... but (you knew that was coming)...

it may be a bit before i get a character made. i am out of town the rest of this week, i've got my college roommate visiting over the weekend and i'll be out of town monday evening-thursday night of next week. i'll see what i can get done, but i can't torrent on my work laptop, so it'll be this weekend at the earliest that i'll even be able to download the books. i'll keep checking on any progress on here though, but i'm not quite sure what i want to play yet.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 5:42 am

That's fine, the game starts when the first character is posted. If that's Andrew, then I will introduce his character to the world and you can join when you are ready. Besides, it'll give us an opportunity to figure out the best way to do combat on here.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyWed Sep 10, 2008 10:37 pm

Yeah..... my character outline is basically all done. I have stats, skills, and psychics all rolled up and picked out. (sixth sense is not one of them, so you won't have to kill me off THAT quickly Ben, :wink:) Unfortunately, my job tends to have a habit of wearing me out, so i've been too tired to type it up and create a name/background/goals etc. I should have time to do that either tomorrow, or this weekend. Then i'll forward that info to you so we can get started :) looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyFri Sep 12, 2008 1:03 pm

i just got the rifts books, i'll be reading them over the weekend, hopefully
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 EmptyTue Sep 16, 2008 7:36 am

forgive my double posting, but I've got this rifts book...it's just called "rifts" and it's supposedly the core rules, but it's from 1991, is that about right? are there any other books I should be looking for? I've got quite a few of them now...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Novemterra   Novemterra - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Novemterra
Page 6 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next