A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character

Go down 
+6
safirgar
Snaphin
MeNotHolgar
RaSa
Alterith
Boomerwang
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 1:12 pm

Boomerwang wrote:
Cool. Still need Initiative, though. And to save time, Rasa's declared action, should his condition become true. =)

Doesn't your initiative change if you hold it and wait till after someone else's? I just figured if that was the case you wouldn't need one. either way:

9 + 4 = 13
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 1:19 pm

i think you're right... but in the scenario where their initiative is higher than yours, you wouldn't be able to act on their initiative yet because it's not yet your turn. in this case you'd have to wait until your initiative to react to their actions.

ex:
enemy - 18
rasa - 13

obviously you couldn't go on an 18... unless you held until the following round and forfeited your first action all together... and even then, i'm not sure that the rules would allow you to essentially 'move up' your iniative to the 18 despite not taking a first action.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 4:24 pm

Correct. Forfeiting your action for Round 1 and holding it till an enemy's higher Initiative in Round 2 is the only way to interrupt him. If you hold normally and want to act this round, you have to wait until a lower Initiative count than yours, thus necessitating an Initiative roll as normal.
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:01 pm

ok. I am holding my action until i have a clear shot. If that means i hold my action till round 4, i don't do anything until then. If they kill the boss before i get a shot, then i roll a d4, shoot Alterith on 1, Krytox on 2, Traveler on 3, and Squin on 4. And then of course i blame it on Mystia. This will all be avoided if she makes me a sandwich.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySat Feb 23, 2008 10:43 pm

it always comes back to the sandwich. LUNCHMEAT! GO MEAT!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:26 am

Hi guys, just a heads up, sorry to interrupt things just as they were getting good, but my spring break is pretty packed. I will not be able to post for sure Monday-Wednesday, and then Friday-Saturday.

Enjoy your spring breaks/weeks!
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 2:38 am

then post tomorrow and thursday! i don't think anyone would expect more frequent posting than that anyway. seems like a good solution, yes? Idea
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 3:51 pm

Works for me :D Amen to lunchmeat...though I have to ask, wtf is up with the server now? All of a sudden the gun order is all messed up, or did they change it back? I haven't played since last week when I found it all messed up.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 4:13 pm

i'll add a lunchmeat thread in the games forum so we don't clutter this one too much w/ discussion on it
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 5:01 pm

Haha yeah, that's what I was gonna do. Surprised

Edit: Crap, turns out I forgot my game files. Sorry guys, my next post will be on Thursday night (Eastern Time). =\
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 9:42 pm

sad times, I will be looking forward to your post sir. Even though i'll probably be at the beach all day and the airport all night. that's the day i fly back :'(
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Number of posts : 111

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue8/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)
Offense: damage: 1d6+2, attack: Melee: +2, Rng.: +2, Init: +2
Defense: AC: 15, flat footed: 13

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 10:30 pm

yeah, i don't know how much i'm going to post during sb either... considering austin and I will be drunk on the beach 90% of the time.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 11:16 am

hahahaha. which beach again?
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Does this have anything to do with the game? No? Then move it to the anything forum, k thx. Jerry...where is the orange fog from the fissure as we stand now? Is it coming out in particular areas, across the whole fissure, what?
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:20 pm

we're discussing why he won't be able to post on the game next week. that's totally about the game.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:38 pm

MeNotHolgar wrote:
i'll add a lunchmeat thread in the games forum so we don't clutter this one too much w/ discussion on it

the why he won't be posting is regarding the game. your question is going away from the game or game related subjects. i'm not one to talk to much about hijacking threads, as i am more than guilty of that. what i don't do though, is hijack the rpg forums... in fact, there is already a spring break thread in the anything forum.

cheez it!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Alterith wrote:
Does this have anything to do with the game? No? Then move it to the anything forum, k thx. Jerry...where is the orange fog from the fissure as we stand now? Is it coming out in particular areas, across the whole fissure, what?

Some of my friends on our ski bought internet for today so I get to leech a little. =D

No, the fog takes up just the fissure itself. Some "cloudiness" is emanating from the fissure vertically towards the cavern ceiling but that's it. It's not spreading horizontally so it doesn't look like you'll be exposed unless you after traverse the fissure space.

I might be able to post later depending on how much my friends who bought internet need it. Otherwise, I'll see ya'll Thursday.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 5:37 pm

w00t for the new post! now i can........continue holding my action.....
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Left_bar_bleue-9/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 5:45 am

bought internet? interesting.

also, i'm really interested in this final battle with Holg. Too bad I'm not an evil cleric and couldn't command undead. undead army = win.

in any case, me being a noob at this, is this "burning plague" thing just flavor, or should we really be worrying about it? PHB says nothing about "burning plague", which is why i was wondering. if this is plot-related, i should know about it 'cause it seems like everyone else knows something I don't. i.e. why are we fighting Holg now, while the burning plague escapes and kills people in the town...unless the barrel wasn't burning plague, and he'll release it later after killing us, or.....something!?

re: zadok
Squin glances around "Anyone know what it does and how do we counter it?"
Leaving the punctuation inside the quotation marks is perfectly acceptable. This is because it's dialogue. If you were instead referring to something like "burning plague", then I'd argue for the punctuation to be outside the quotation marks. This is ignoring the fact that there technically should be a comma before "Anyone" and after "around".

consider these two cases:
Mystia obliges and asks, "What would you like on your sandwich?"
Mystia obliges and begins making a "Sandwich of Indigestion +1".

Since the first case involves dialogue, i'd argue that the punctuation being inside the quotation marks is fine, but "Sandwich of Indigestion +1" is an object being referred to by quoted name, the punctuation should go outside the quotation marks.

I know nothing of english grammar, this just makes sense to me.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 12:27 pm

hey...... if you use your amazing sammich making powers, then he'll definitely be distracted, and then we'll be able to kill him before he can do anything at all :)

If that doesn't work, mystia could always put on a strip show 8)
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 4:39 pm

hikaritenchi wrote:
in any case, me being a noob at this, is this "burning plague" thing just flavor, or should we really be worrying about it? PHB says nothing about "burning plague", which is why i was wondering. if this is plot-related, i should know about it 'cause it seems like everyone else knows something I don't. i.e. why are we fighting Holg now, while the burning plague escapes and kills people in the town...unless the barrel wasn't burning plague, and he'll release it later after killing us, or.....something!?

You'll learn more about the Burning Plague after this adventure. It is definitely not just flavor. =)

hikaritenchi wrote:
ooc: I don't know if I should perform some kind of check to determine if I know Erythnul or not, and I don't even know if it will affect anything...but since i have no idea what i'm doing, i thought i'd check first. I'm also guessing it's either an int or wis roll...

Knowledge-based checks are always Intelligence-based, so your intuition was in the right direction.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:46 am

If you look at the map, jumping the chasm isn't really that difficult. I mean, around where we are all standing, its less than 5 feet across...with a running start I think all of us could easily clear that. At its widest point it might be 6 feet across (assuming Jerry drew it to scale) so I don't think there is any worry about getting across unless you roll a 1, and even then Razz Kinda reminds me of robin hood men in tights when they are fighting for the bridge across the stream and achoo goes down and step across Razz I'm more worried about the orange burning plague crap that is floating upwards out of the chasm creating a wall of death you are jumping through Wink
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 8:55 am

according to jerry, the burning plague is pretty much contained within the chasm. so as long as i'm not confused on that subject, i'm not that worried about it currently. as far as making the jump, you're right, it shouldn't be too difficult. though, if it is required to completely clear the 'squares with chasm in them' then it could be a 10~15 foot jump. seeing as i'm standing still, the DC of such a jump would double (the DC is generally set at 1 per foot) meaning a 20~30 DC. this would actually be a pretty tough jump for many... but at least i've got my +10 bonus. i'm not in too much fear of not making it, especially with my decent roll (and crazy bonus), but i figured i'd throw in the scenario just in case.

i guess if the burning plague does look like an orange wall of death rising out of the chasm i would rethink my action... though, maybe not. i'll let jerry handle the explanation on this one.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 12:01 pm

I'll just shower his ass with well placed crossbow darts until he dies. Then i'll leave you fools to die a horrible horrible burning plaguesque death.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 6:47 pm

Boomerwang wrote:
No, the fog takes up just the fissure itself. Some "cloudiness" is emanating from the fissure vertically towards the cavern ceiling but that's it. It's not spreading horizontally so it doesn't look like you'll be exposed unless you after traverse the fissure space.

so I take that to mean that if you jump it you're exposed Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next