A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character

Go down 
+6
safirgar
Snaphin
MeNotHolgar
RaSa
Alterith
Boomerwang
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
safirgar

safirgar

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue8/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)
Offense: damage: 1d6+2, attack: Melee: +2, Rng.: +2, Init: +2
Defense: AC: 15, flat footed: 13

OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 3:57 am

am i not allowed to give a potion to an unconscious character? that's what i wanted to do originally. I'm stable and do not need it, since the battle is over.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:39 am

Um...in what world did you read the battle was over?

see-raptor, lightning lizard.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 7:44 am

and angry god? haha
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Number of posts : 111

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue8/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)
Offense: damage: 1d6+2, attack: Melee: +2, Rng.: +2, Init: +2
Defense: AC: 15, flat footed: 13

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 am

oh, right. well, still, same question. I wanted to give the potion to krytox. i don't really need it. sorry, i haven't had any sleep yet.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 3:20 pm

My guess would be that Jerry just misinterpreted what you were intending. Hopefully he reads these and will know you weren't getting the potion for yourself. You might also want to send him a private message.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue-9/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:46 pm

in the end, i guess it doesn't matter. Squin can just hurl me over the crevasse and everything'll be set....lol;;

it'll take me a few rounds to actually get there, so...lol;;
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 6:45 pm

you could totally make it across the gap in one round. assuming that a jump check is included in your movement. even if your base movement is 20ft, you could use a full action to run x3 or x4. if you're the gray dot, it looks to me like it would be 10 squares equivalent of movement (3 diagonal = 4 standard?) to get to the fissure and then you could jump it. 10 squares = 50 feet < 20 ft (x3 move). info found on page 162/163 of the PHB.

not saying you need to do this, just saying that it's possible. of course, you wouldn't be able to do anything else as a x3 or x4 run is a full action from what i understand.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:35 pm

don't you have to run in a straight line to take advantage of that? And did everyone see this lizard thing? or just me. The post said i saw it, but it didn't mention anyone else, so now i'm just confused.....
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 11:46 pm

Yes, in order to run x3 or x4 the path must be in a straight line.

Technically, not everyone has seen the lightning lizard yet, but it doesn't provoke surprise, so basically any of you guys can "choose to notice it" whenever you want to and add it in as flavor text.

Need a Dexterity check from The Traveler to administer the potion to Krytox. PM please, thanks.
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:45 am

RaSa wrote:
don't you have to run in a straight line to take advantage of that?

ah! good catch andrew. i forgot about that aspect.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 1:03 am

Yes I've seen the lightning lizard. Saw it when we first entered the room, and since it ran away at that time I figured that Holg and his raptor-lizard was more of a threat than the hiding lightning lizard. Thus I ignored it at that time.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 1:19 am

that's why you take the feat fleet of foot when you play a speed monk in 3.0.... then you can make 90 degree turns without slowing down at x5 speed, which is already ridiculous :)

(30 + 60 speed bonus + 5 dash feat bonus) x 5 = 475 feet per round at level 18. Then get a caster buddy to cast expeditious retreat on you (3.0 it doubles your speed) and you're going at 950 ft/round. now, each round is 6 seconds of time. imagine being able to run a mile in 33.34 seconds :) you'd be running roughly 108 miles per hour.... no wonder they nerfed Expeditious retreat in 3.5....

Snaphin wrote:
Yes I've seen the lightning lizard. Saw it when we first entered the room, and since it ran away at that time I figured that Holg and his raptor-lizard was more of a threat than the hiding lightning lizard. Thus I ignored it at that time.

Classic example as to why you should ALWAYS shoot first and ask questions later.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 1:30 am

RaSa wrote:
Classic example as to why you should ALWAYS shoot first and ask questions later.

2 points:
1. Shoot first? Of course I shot first. It was just, which one did I want to shoot first? After shooting at Holg, I was passing a potion over to our (maybe not yours) badly hurt allies. Haven't had a chance to go back to search for it.

2. If we subscribed to that philosophy, earlier when you guys stumbled across Mystia's hut and we shot first and ask questions later, you'll either be playing a porcupine (or gelatinous blob) or a new character. Razz
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 9:48 am

idk about that one, we had bloodlust on our side, and two sneaky characters. we would have all gotten a shot at you before you had the chance. that and you were already slightly injured from the gnoll if i remember it correctly....
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 11:14 am

Yeah, read carefully ... I just said you, not the others. If we had a lizardman on our side, we wouldn't automatically attack a lizardman because obviously we already have the experience (however recent) that they are helpful. Attacking a child (albeit one that can kill me in his sleep) is just in our repertoire. Shooting shady looking dark elves on the other hand ... ... :D
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 12:34 pm

lol...a not about the straight line...running diagonally on the map would still be considered a "straight" line. It isn't like you run to the right 5' then run up 5' then run to the right then up then to the right, etc. You are running in a single direction, the reason it takes 2 movement then 1 then 2 then 1 is because the diagonal of the square is a greater distance then the height or width, therefor it takes more movement to reach it. For the purposes of running, however, you can still perform a full round run action while using the diagonal movement. You can't run when the corridor makes a turn, or you find a corner, or you have to dodge around some obstruction. But if you have a clear route, you can use your run straight, diagonal or backwards Razz
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 12:42 pm

true, but i think mystia is the one farther back into the room with the crates. depending on the definition of diagonal (is it just any diagonal line, or does it have to be through the corner of the square) is what would make it questionable if she could make it. the other thing would be the question of obstructions - does Rasa count as an obstruction? the fissure? hard to say. but you are right about the fact that a straight line could be diagonal as well. i guess the real question is, how much of a stickler for rules is the dm when a question like this comes up? Razz
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 6:46 pm

yeah..... she wouldn't be able to run in a straight line at all, unless passwall is a spell she somehow has and can use at an instant.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 7:30 pm

RaSa wrote:
yeah..... she wouldn't be able to run in a straight line at all, unless passwall is a spell she somehow has and can use at an instant.

huh? i think that depending on the rules she could totally run in a straight line. look:

Boomerwang wrote:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Itd8

if she is the pink circle, you could draw a line - through the doorway - to the square with the traveler (purple circle i think). the question is - does a diagonal straight line have to go through the corner of a square with regards to movement? see what i mean? of course, no clip mode would help quite a bit, haha.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 8:37 pm

It wouldn't matter which square you entered for the straight line, but every diagonal square of movement would adjust the number of squares as stated in the diagonal equation.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 8:46 pm

there would be no 'diagonal' movement as defined by the diagonal-move rules. if you were to travel in a 'straight' line from F16 to J4, you'd move up-up-over-up-up-up-up-over-up-up-up-over-up-up-up-up-over. as far as i can tell, none of them would be diagonal. this is why i'm not sure the rules allow such a move using the 'straight-line method'. i think you'd have to just count that as 17 x 5 = 85 feet of movement. which for most people would be ~x3 or x4 move. meh, it's probably a moot point anyway. i think it depends on the interpretation of the rules and what they were meant to allow.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 9:46 am

its not a matter of what she would actually move, its just a way of counting, up up diagonal-upright, up, up, diagonal, diagonal, up, up, jump, etc. Basically for calculating the movement you first determine if there is a straight line between them and their destination (line of sight works). If there is, they can run, if not then they can't. Then you plot the movement to that location using the least amount of movement to get there. If that involves diagonal squares then you use the diagonal move rules which can save you movement, but may cost you movement too. Basically you pick where you are going, then figure out how much move you need to get there. You aren't actually going to run forward forward, then jump to the right, then run forward then run diagonally. You are running in a straight line, but your calculation for how far you can go is easier if you just count blocks Razz
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:29 am

exactly.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:36 am

oh, she's the pink one isn't she..... i guess she could as long as she could run through me....

what color was everyone again? jerry is no longer putting up the color code key, and i don't remember.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 11:39 am

alterith = orange
traveler = purple
krytox = dark green
mystia = pink
squin = light blue
rasa = gray
skythar = blue
random = light green

i think that's right... based on my memory of where people are in this battle.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character
Page 10 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next