A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Group orientation

Go down 
+2
Snaphin
Alterith
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21Group orientation - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

Group orientation - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 4:37 pm

yeah, or you can do a class and the monster class at the same time but you have to alternate as andrew said.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue9/14Group orientation - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 10:08 pm

the only addition to that, is when you max out your monster class, it no longer counts as a class. Drow counts as a class till level 2, at which point, it solely becomes a race, so no longer counts as a class. effectively, at level 4, i will be a level 2 ninja who is a drow. however, until then, my drow will be a class.

On a random note, I was just thinking about HP at this level. Assuming i would have taken a level in drow instead of ninja to start, i would have had some hp right? if that is the case, then wouldn't i get that HP when i take a level in drow? Please explain this to me (jerry or david) so it makes sense and so i can make sure to level correctly.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21Group orientation - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 4:16 pm

I thought each race had a hit die associated with it. Dark elf is a d8 right? So you would gain 1d8 hitpoints when you take a lvl in drow, unless game mechanics state otherwise. Thats how it was done in 2nd edition...I've never used a monster race in third so don't really know. I guess I could go look in one of the books I have, but I figure Jerry or David will already know and be able to answer it.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Group orientation - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Re: Monster class hit dice

You guys are pretty much correct except that monster classes aren't guaranteed hit dice at every one of their monster levels. That is, a monster class may have 9 levels but only offer 5 Hit Dice. Thus, by the time everybody is 9th level, that character will have 5 HD worth of hit points.

Every class has a table geared towards them called "Class Features" (or something like that), and monster classes are no exception. It's the table that contains BAB, Saves, and special features tabulated across all of its levels. It's this table that will specify when a monster class gains a Hit Die at given certain level, much in the same way that the table specifies at what specific levels a character gains feats.

The type of Hit Die a monster class offers is typically based on its monster type (aberration, monstrous humanoid, giant, outsider, etc.) and should be defined in the monster class spreadsheet created for this campaign setting.

Let me know if anything needs further clarification. Cool beans. :)
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue9/14Group orientation - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 09, 2008 11:00 pm

more clarification needed! Do i get any HP at either level 1 or 2 of drow? hopefully at least level 1? as if i decided to be a level 1 drow to start the campaign, i would have had 0 hp, which would mean i'd be dead.....
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2008 1:34 pm

plus con bonus Wink
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue1/0Group orientation - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2008 3:03 pm

RaSa wrote:
more clarification needed! Do i get any HP at either level 1 or 2 of drow? hopefully at least level 1? as if i decided to be a level 1 drow to start the campaign, i would have had 0 hp, which would mean i'd be dead.....

Do you still have the "mosnter race compendium" spreadsheet file I sent you at the start of the game? That contains all the necessary explanations. Just in case you need a refresher for the Dark Elf monster class though:

Monster Race Compendium - Dark Elf wrote:
This monster class functions just like a Core race - when beginning play, select a standard character class along with the race. You are considered a 1st level character in the standard adventuring class you choose, as normal...

This indicates that you in fact would not be "dead."

Monster Race Compendium - Dark Elf wrote:

Level 1: Hit Dice - as class
Level 2: Hit Dice - as class

Here, "as class" refers to your adventuring class, not your monster racial class.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:09 pm

so..... does that mean i get my D6 from my ninja class? or just nothing at all?
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptySat May 10, 2008 5:24 pm

It means you get a D6 from your ninja class whenever the ninja class goes up a level.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Group orientation - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:08 am

Sorry about the horrendous delay, I've gotten sooooo sidetracked recently. I'll spend some time working on this tomorrow, probably. I'll take a look at the things I have, but I happen to have forgotten to take my DMG with me (out of town atm). What I'll do for now, is give you guys the treasure distribution OOC-style, as to speed up the process.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:17 am

I thought jerry was doing the treasure distribution scratch
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Group orientation - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:26 am

rtfm
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptySun May 11, 2008 11:43 am

wtf does that mean...... I don't understand text language.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 EmptyFri May 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Here: Read Me! This should help explain the treasure situation. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Group orientation
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A M U R I Z O N forums :: Classified DM Collaboration :: Repository-
Jump to: