A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Group orientation

Go down 
+2
Snaphin
Alterith
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue9/14Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

Group orientation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:20 am

it's cuz david is a noobelf
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 1:55 am

it's cuz jerry is a noobelf
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue9/14Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 10:41 am

Do i get any hp for leveling up? I'm just taking a level as darkelf, so i don't THINK i do, but someone mentioned gaining 1 hp for leveling up because they had no hit die. I was confused.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/18Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:19 pm

Hmm ... if the dark elf has a hit die, my belief was that you would get that. If the 2nd level of dark elf gets no additional hit die, then whenever you decide to take the second level of dark elf you wouldn't get a hit die.

Centaur 2nd level gets no hit die, but gets a +2 to constitution, this in effect a +1 to hp since constitution can retroactively affect your total hit points. (So I was told).
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 12:23 pm

I'm at the first level of dark elf sir :) i took ninja instead of drow as my first class level. if i did it the other way, none of us would know how to disarm traps and open locks like i did this last campaign.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue-9/8Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 7:38 am

w. I just thought of a bad idea.

oh, and sorry about not posting sooner, I've been pretty sick these past few days. it really sucks, being the start of break, and all.

this kid is passed out on our couch, and his internship starts tomorrow, but at least he let me keep his DMG2.

I'll be selecting a random dungeon crawl for you guys, 'cause Jerry hasn't given me the full story yet. No worries until next level, at least. This is just so you guys know what's coming 'cause I'm a noob DM. no need to freak out cuz y'all think something horrible is coming, or *omigosh* the plot is advancing, xD
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue31/21Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 8:30 am

alright, I guess I'm lvling up barbarian lvl 2 since I can't really feasibly advance anything else...sad...I shoulda been a gnomish barbarian...same entertainment factor plus I can take a level in sorc without the xp penalty...ah well, bloodlust part 2 will be Wink
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 11:27 am

like i said. frenzied berzerker. It honestly seems like the best prestige class for your character :)

oh, and great post david..... but unfortunately, i don't have permissions to post on that end of the forum >.<
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue31/21Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptySun May 04, 2008 3:36 pm

I know, none of us do...I don't see why we don't all have permissions in both forums...I mean, I think we all know each other well enough that its not gonna make a difference. At some time there may be people playing that we don't want posting, but I don't see why Razz Especially since you are keeping the same characters in the same world, we may need to cross over from time to time, we might as well just all have permissions to start.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 12:42 am

but unfortunately, we don't have any way to get permissions until our fearless leader returns...... which i think was either today or the 6th.... i forgot which.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 5:40 am

Lol...Jerry stop being MIA...who said you could go on vacation anyway?
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:47 am

agreed. from now on, he must make a petition asking if he could go on vacation and get all of us to sign it.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 3:38 pm

lol, good idea
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 9:27 pm

awesome. we'll do it
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/0Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyMon May 05, 2008 10:01 pm

Alterith wrote:
I know, none of us do...I don't see why we don't all have permissions in both forums...I mean, I think we all know each other well enough that its not gonna make a difference. At some time there may be people playing that we don't want posting, but I don't see why Razz Especially since you are keeping the same characters in the same world, we may need to cross over from time to time, we might as well just all have permissions to start.

You make valid points. I see it as erring on the side of caution.

I'm planning on guiding the Epilogue thread, so there won't really be an opening for characters to post anyway, since the plot device there is what separates the groups into what they are now.
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyTue May 06, 2008 5:41 am

Yeah, but if for instance we want to talk about dividing the treasure or something we have to goto the general forums, which is silly since its a legitamate gaming discussion. And I know you are dividing up the treasure, but there may be some of us who want to trade items that we receive for instance.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 2:09 am

idk....... of the items that we received MAYBE i'd like one of the ??? priced items depending on they are, but for the most part, i'm pretty kewl with just getting cash :)
Back to top Go down
silverdrak

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-02-04

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue1/10Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/10)
Offense: Init: +4, Melee/Ranged: +3/+5, Damage: 1d6 (+2)
Defense: AC/Touch/Flat-footed: 21/15/17

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 4:37 pm

....and skythar's come back from the grave.

yeah... sorry for being mia for so long, finals, then i went on the same trip jerry did.

btw, i'm a scout... so that leaves us with no caster? my intel and wisdom stats are no good, so i don't think i could be a caster even if i wanted...
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 5:39 pm

charisma is for sorc...thats decent for me so thats what I was gonna do...but only if I was a gnome. Since I'm not, we'll just have to make do. You CAN live, though its a lot more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:
Group orientation - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue12/18Group orientation - Page 2 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyWed May 07, 2008 10:21 pm

Is the xp penalty on multi-classing apply on the level difference before or after taking the new level. For example, would the xp penalty apply if someone went from Class A level 2, Class B level 0 to Class A level 2, Class B level 1; or if Class A level 2, Class B level 1 to Class A level 3, Class B level 1?

If it is the former, then it opens up an option. We can advance to our 2nd level, then if we really have trouble, when we level up a third time we take a/some caster level(s) (depending on how many we want).

If we all had a specific role, wouldn't it make it a bit tougher to swap with the other group should that happen? Then we would have to replace whatever role we lost with one that was similar. Though if we go with our own characters and not change em for the group needs but rather work around it, it'll be more challenging, and swapping members wouldn't be much of a problem, just a different set of challenges. Or am I not seeing things the way I should?
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:38 am

your classes can be at most 1 level apart. In this case, once your classes are 2 levels apart, you take the penalty.

Let's say you're a level 1 cleric and level 2 barbarian. If you take a level in barbarian, you take the XP penalty. If you take a level in cleric, you don't. Now, you're 2/2. You can safely take a level in either class so you're 2/3 or 3/2.

In other words, in order for the XP penalty to not apply, your classes can be at most 1 level apart.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:52 am

Once i get to level 5, i will gladly take some wizard if we need it. that's IF we need it.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 2:39 am

So, rephrasing my question, does going from 0/2 to 1/2 incur a multi-class penalty because you started out 2 levels apart?

So your saying that doesn't matter if you start or end more than 1 level apart, as long as you were more than one level apart an xp penalty would apply?
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 5:42 am

Yes, if at any time you are 2 levels apart you gain less xp during each activity. Once you close that gap you gain full xp. The xp penalty is an ongoing thing, so like if you kill a goblin and gain 6 xp, it looks at what your lvl status is at that instant. If it is 2 lvls (or more) apart then you would not gain the full 6 xp, but a percentage of it (I believe its percentage, but w/e).

As to your perspective on keeping our characters the way they are, you are definitely right. It is easier to switch games if we don't worry about the group make-up. I was just suggesting that not having any spell caster can seriously hamper a group. At our lvl it won't make much difference at all since the fighter is a much, much stronger class in the earlier lvls purely because of their hp if nothing else. The mage's only real advantage is the auto-hit of magic missile and the cantrips that can be used in a pinch to get away or do minor cool things. Later on, however, mages destroy fighters with a thought if they get to pick the battleground, or if they have any form of range. The thing is, now is the time to multi-class if you are going to in order to avoid the xp penalties, thats why I suggested it. We are fine without, either way. We'll make do. I just find magic users to be invaluable once you hit lvl 5 (read fireball).
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 EmptyThu May 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Very true. Those of us taking "monster" classes, several of them don't have 20 levels. For those, once we complete all the levels that "monster" class no longer count towards xp penalties. So in a sense, once we've completed our "monster" levels we can choose a new class without penalties.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Group orientation
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A M U R I Z O N forums :: Classified DM Collaboration :: Repository-
Jump to: