A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

Group orientation

Go down 
+2
Snaphin
Alterith
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
Group orientation Left_bar_bleue31/21Group orientation Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 6:31 pm

So as our lvl 2 class, one of us needs to take cleric or sorc so this group has some magic...any volunteers? I was thinking cleric might be fun for alterith, but if someone else is willing, I'll carry on the combat monster with a lvl of fighter (for the bonus feats). Ideas?
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
Group orientation Left_bar_bleue12/18Group orientation Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 11:18 pm

Hmm ... I had originally planned to go through all 6 centaur monster levels before taking a regular class. (Leaning heavily towards bard - one class I'm curious about that I haven't played extensively).

Cleric needs: Wis, Cha
Wizard needs: Int, Wis?
Sorc needs: Cha, Int?

If David allows us to stock up regularly on healing potions we may be able to go with out a cleric. If we have other magical potions and items we might be able to make do without a spellcaster. A spellcaster and cleric makes a group much better, but (with DM's help/leniency) a group without all the "basic" classes (Fighter, healer, rogue/skills, spellcaster) can survive. It'll just be quite a bit more interesting and challenging.

I suppose I could take take one of those classes, especially since I seem to have the stats for it. I've been told its more challenging but more fun to have a non-standard group since the play style will be different due to the group's strengths and weaknesses. I am curious to try it, though I am also willing to take a class and modify my plans if the will help the group and story move along better. A plan is not a path, its a guideline not set in stone.

No spellcasting, an interesting yet tough challenge.
No true melee, a different set of challenges. (Thinking guerrilla warfare).
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
Group orientation Left_bar_bleue9/14Group orientation Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:19 am

Ok, edited because i found where the groups got decided. Yeah, that sucks that we don't have a caster at all. I don't know anything about skythar, and i'm quite curious as to whether he's actually gonna play or not. I know jack was busy with school and stuff, but he still hasn't even registered for the forums. Also, I highly suggest that you multi-class squin from the start if you wanna be a bard. Bards in general benefit from multi-classing of all varieties depending on what the party needs. Plus, if you were a bard, you'd gain some sneaking abilities, as well as healing and other fun keep us safe spells.

The only real drawback to going bard, is then you'd have to go back and forth on your class levels like i'm having to do with my drow character. this level, i basically have to take drow, else i'll suffer xp loss.

So right..... Jack, what are you plans?

David, make him sign up and log on please :)
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:33 am

also, if he is no longer interested, i'm sure i can find a friend to join us. and i'll just pressure him into spellcasting :)
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
Group orientation Left_bar_bleue-9/8Group orientation Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:56 am

dude, andy. Jack is skythar.

Because of the nature of the adventuring group changes, Mystia will never join this group. Also, since we were not exactly notified about the potential split during character creation, rest assured that this will be countered (a little) by the fact that healing potions will probably be more readily available than in other adventures. (this is solely based on my experiences with Jerry being DM earlier in my D20 career). With that being said, pretty much if you guys play smart, you can make do with what I give you. Things should not get dicey to the point where serious gp needs to be shelled out. Although, this *will* be the first time I DM, so I'll most likely err towards keeping you guys alive <3
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:52 am

yes, i know jack is skythar. but what i also know, is that there is nobody on the members page listed as jack OR skythar. I was merely asking you to pester him until that gets changed :)

And rock on the keeping us alive part. If we were in jerry's campaign, i'm sure he'd be trying to kill us :)
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:59 am

^^;;

also andy....
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net/memberlist.forum?mode=lastvisit&order=DESC&username=&start=10

it might behoove you to click the 2nd page link.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 12:35 pm

hikaritenchi wrote:
^^;;

also andy....
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net/memberlist.forum?mode=lastvisit&order=DESC&username=&start=10

it might behoove you to click the 2nd page link.

lol Laughing

As to the multi-classing, isn't there a penalty for that? I don't know if bard is a favored class, thus the possibility of a penalty. After finishing the centaur progression, its levels don't count towards multi-class xp penalties. Looks like I'm going to have to talk to Jerry. Time to spam his inbox. :D
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 1:38 pm

Ohes..... woops.

The way multiclassing works, is if the classes you are multiclassing in are 1 level apart, there is no penalty. so for instance, if i choose to take one level of rogue, and 2 levels of fighter, there would be no penalty (assuming i was an elf and not a drow) however, if i take a 3rd level of fighter before i take a level of rogue, i suffer multiclassing penalties. so with you, if you go straight centaur, you'll never suffer penalties, because your monster class level no longer counts after you are a full centaur. However, if you become a level 3 centaur and then suddenly decide you wanna take some bard, you'll be a level 3 centaur/level 1 bard at level 4 and suffer multiclassing penalties.

What i'm doing, is level 0 drow/level 1 ninja, level 1 drow level 1 ninja, level 1 drow level 2 ninja, full drow/level 2 ninja, level 3 ninja --> level 18 ninja

EDIT:

Oh, and to favored class, it merely means that you don't need to count that in for your penalties. for example, a (male) drow's favored class is wizard. Say I'm a level 10 ninja, and i feel i could really use a few level 1 spells per day to help round me up. If i take wizard next level, i'd be a level 1 wizard, level 10 ninja, which would usually cause multiclassing penalties. However, since wizard is a favored class, i don't suffer any.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:15 pm

I thought bard was an actual class...he doesn't need to make his own bard, like he doesn't need lvls in fighter, thief and wizard...the bard class has bits and pieces from each class. It has the skills and sneaking of a thief, the combat skills of the fighter and the spell casting from a mage, but he has all those skills reduced by about a third...a jack of all trades, master of none. I don't know if they've changed that in 3e though Razz And I really don't think I can go cleric (though the image really amused me...picture, crazy barbarian hacking left and right then healing himself, then continuing the blood shed...maybe healing a fallen enemy so he can fell him again if he runs out of targets before his rage wears off) because my stats are really fighter oriented this time (I rarely create this type of character, I'm usually more contrary, but oh well Razz I'd have the same problem going wizard...but I'm willing to take a lvl of either class if it is necessary (but I will be incurring penalties later on since it would be pointless to continue leveling that class. I should just take 1 lvl in every class so I have like 20 different classes but no penalty because they would all be the same lvl Wink
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 10:24 pm

did I make it seem like bards have to multiclass? if so, sorry, i didn't mean it that way.

I also agree. Ben, you should go straight barbarian unless you want to find a prestige class to play with (Frenzied Berzerker? Wink Wink )

Although i COULD get some levels in cleric, it would seriously hamper my character's concept. Though i could get some levels in wizard at some point. that point will have to be after level 5 though.

Bard has some healing spells, though unfortunately they do not get them until either level 2 or 3 depending on the character's cha modifier. We should also see what Jack is intending on doing....
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 11:19 am

hmm ... centaur has 6 levels of progression. Thus it'll take a little longer. Also, at either the 4th or 5th level the centaur becomes a large creature instead of medium. Level 2 of centaur gets +2 Dex, +2 Con. I gain 1 hp since I don't get an extra hit die. Oh yeah, no skill points Sad On the other hand, taking a level of bard or cleric or (spellcaster) gives me another hit die, some skills points, but no stat bonuses.

Seems to me the centaur gets "natural" bonuses, like stat points, at the expense of skill points. Interesting.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 5:38 pm

heh, good job to Jerry for splitting you guys up this way. Also, remember that Jerry has this house rule, which is as follows.

When you level up, you don't automatically get your skills and feats and stats and whatnot. You'll have to "train" under a master for a period of time (a month or so?) until you actually acquire your skills. I don't know how this would actually work for monster progressions, but it would make sense that characters wouldn't spontaneously know how to cast fireball when they reach a certain level. Or, for a warrior multiclassing in cleric, it'd be weird for them to randomly know how to cast a cure minor wounds spell. At least roleplaying out the "training" gives your character a bit of legitimacy in that regard.

So when deciding these things, keep that in mind. Also, I might have a friend coming to join us, so he'll be in your group. I'll coerce him into playing a cleric or spellcaster if he joins xDDD
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 9:37 pm

Good plan sir! And Jack's character and I are training in the forest right now so that we can be better. I assume that we're training at night, and i'm using all of my dark elf instincts and such to make me a better person. (IE a level 1 drow, since i'm already a level 1 ninja). So there ya go to satisfy his house rule. Plus, we could always vote the rule down in your "house rules" section when we don't wanna worry about it in the future. Wink I can't confirm this obviously, but I'm assuming the rule is so that you can't level up in dungeon.

Good times.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 10:56 pm

do recall that jerry leveled us a all up and specifically stated that we weren't using his house rule for this level, though I could be wrong. I agree that roleplaying the leveling process offers a wealth of opportunity for legitimizing the levels, however, I could easily give you reasons why my barbarian suddenly can cast magic missile, or why he is a cleric, or any other multi-class I could choose...ie, Alterith is a kind hearted individual (cleric, or he could be a focused individual who wants to break the bonds of his former captivity by learning to read-wizard, or he finds a God to help calm his wildness-sorc) then there is Bloodlust, his rampaging, raging, barbarian of an alter-ego Wink But either way, I'll probably end up going with another lvl in barbarian...thief is all I can take without xp penalty anyway, and that really won't help me at all..stupid halflings, they're useless.

I can just see it, halfling creeps up behind target, then backstabs with a great axe...oh yeah, 1d10x3 Wink
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:36 am

assuming that you are currently a level 2 barbarian, any class you take next level won't receive a multiclassing penalty, because you'd then be a level 1 class and level 2 barbarian. 1 level difference, so no xp penalty.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 8:56 am

yes, I'm aware of that, but if I continued to lvl barbarian after that without lvling the other class, I'd be f*cked
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 10:26 am

true.

I just had a thought. Didn't Skythar act as a translator for Krytox? I see bad things in communication in that party's future.....
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 12:08 pm

Hehehe ... Krytox does have basic common commands. Complex stuff was translated by Skythar.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 5:37 am

You're acting as if he ever said anything we needed to hear Wink j/k alex, but since you can't respond here :D
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:59 am

lmfao

apparently jerry has already modified the permissions so that you guys can't post in Jerry's subforum, and they can't post in ours. so I made a common one. Since jerry's gonna be gone for a while anyways, I thought it wouldn't hurt.

IIRC, everyone can speak common in this group. y'all had no problems understanding Skythar when he bothered to talk, anyways. not that y'all paid any attention to his words, though.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:16 am

uhhhhh so i don't have access to the new forum you created sir. you might want to work on your permissions......
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 2:19 am

the common OOC thread? I can't modify permissions...
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 7:31 am

I am not allowed to post replies to the common thread you created as well.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 5:23 pm

fk dat.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Group orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Group orientation   Group orientation Empty

Back to top Go down

Group orientation
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A M U R I Z O N forums :: Classified DM Collaboration :: Repository-
Jump to: