A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character

Go down 
+6
safirgar
Snaphin
MeNotHolgar
RaSa
Alterith
Boomerwang
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
ttbek

ttbek

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue10/10OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)
Offense: 2 Claws +2/+2 1d6+1/1d6+1 or Masterwork Bastard Sword +3 1d10+1
Defense: AC:17 (10+1(NA)+2(Dex)+4(Chain Shirt))

OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 3:19 pm

You have not sent me one, though I thought you had mentioned it before, so I was kind of confused. I have a rather unorganized version in onenote, but that has annotations for future advancement, etc... So I guess just e-mail me a blank one and I'll fill it out and send it back.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 4:00 pm

MeNotHolgar wrote:
jerry, should i assume we've had time to purchase and prepare for this adventure prior to your chapter 2 post?

Oops, forgot to respond. The answer is yes, as several days (around 1 week) has passed between Chapters 1 and 2. During this time it is assumed the characters were preparing, resting, and training to obtain their level up.
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue10/10OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (10/10)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 05, 2008 7:28 pm

Ok, just sent the character sheet, all set hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:57 am

Ok, cool, thanks. Ideas for the fleshing out of people's backstories will be discussed on email, and then I'll update people's character sheets with such notes as their stories develop.

On a side note, don't worry about the editing note on Chapter 2 Post #2 - it was just a revision in the roleplaying text about how long ago the War of Ultimates was - approximately eight hundred years prior to now.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 9:16 am

Ben - i think we've been using red text for draconic, brown text for drow sign language, and blue text for elvish (not 100% sure on this last one). so if you ever say anything in one of these languages, just change the text color.

also, die rolls are green and italic, character thoughts are just italic, and out of character is gray and italic, usually preceded with "ooc:"
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 10:36 am

Thanks, that's good to know. My character was speaking entirely in common, I added that he speaks draconic just so it was clear he understood your character's comment in draconic.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 11:50 am

Boomerwang wrote:
Guys in my game, keep fluffing it up. I want to discourage the "1 player post, 1 DM post" format and really make it more conversational when not having an encounter (i.e. fighting).
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 13, 2008 11:22 pm

if we're waiting here for one or two more, i'll leave my post as is. if we're not actually supposed to be waiting for trevor/nick, i will edit my post accordingly. need a confirmation from jerry on which way it is supposed to be.

thanks!
Back to top Go down
Archtemplari

Archtemplari

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Left_bar_bleue14/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Offense: BAB: +1 Melee: 4 Ranged: 2
Defense: AC: 15 FF: 14 Touch: 11

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 4:00 pm

go ahead and don't wait for me. i'll catch up
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 14, 2008 6:45 pm

post edited accordingly.
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:12 pm

Hey Boomer, I think my character is in a state of temporal and spatial stasis pending a complete transformation. The racial changes you made would make my character a far cry from the original intent. I'll probably have time to figure something out about it tomorrow, I've been studying for my last Genetics exam (later today), so I hadn't gotten back to you about that earlier.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 1:51 pm

Jerry, are we assuming Trevor's character is with us? lemme know so i can roleplay it accordingly. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2008 7:53 pm

Ben, I understand that the changes I brought about were very substantial especially for your character. Also given that you are finishing up classes I don't want this game to be the reason you fail. So no worries.

Yes Alex, there are currently four of you - the two of you who are active and two autopiloted-death/xp-fair-game characters.

By the way, (I knew the version numbers for those doggone Race compendiums would start coming in handy), I've revised the Impetus races to 2.1.1, and one of the (minor - no in-game mechanical impact) changes was that the Underlost do not have eyes, only the glowing head glyphs. This makes their image more consistent with the original Septerra Core concept, though their bodies are still more or less similar to blackscales. Just in case Light Blindness wasn't in there, Krytox gets that too - but unlike other species after the initial 1 round of blindness, he doesn't suffer from being dazzled afterwards. I needed something to balance out the improved acid resistance and additional natural weapon, among other things, and figured that it would be good form to feature Impetus races with lots of bright light trouble. Could be interesting to roleplay hopefully (and not too much pain). Razz

[Edit: As of 6/26/08, the documents are now using format "v. 1.0".]

Last edited by Boomerwang on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:09 am

can you send me an updated progression chart with any new bonuses/penalties included? i don't want to lose track of these. i haven't been able to check my email very much over the past 3 days because of moving, so if you have already sent it, just disregard this message.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2008 9:47 am

Sure thing Alex. Actually, this is a good thing, as I'm updating the Dark Star races again, so the version that'll be sitting in your inbox (should v.2.2.0) will be out of date (already!). So I'll send v.2.2.1 to you soon.

v.2.2.1 will definitely have all the info you need - no need to remember all of these random details I've been giving you. :)

[Edit: As of 6/26/08, the documents are now using format "v. 1.0".]

Last edited by Boomerwang on Thu Jun 26, 2008 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 1:23 pm

are we putting this story on hold for the time being, as ben may be changing his character? or should i continue posting and we can move this thing forward and onward!?

heh, i guess my question is - will i be the only one posting? i can't really have inter-character conversations with only one... unless i were Alterith of course. so it'd required char post - dm post - char post - dm post - etc.

please advise.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Hey Alex, I appreciate you keeping us on track and prodding us along.

I don't know what is going on with the other players - I haven't talked to Ben or Nick in a while, Gary we can assume is unavailable, and Trevor said not to wait for him.

I think for now we'll assume you're the only one. I'll try to make the surroundings a little more interactive so that Krytox won't get too bored. But other than that, I'm not sure how to make the final decision as to the arena combat acid tests. Part of me wants to do it, but part of me doesn't in favor of continuing the main story and finishing the revisions themselves.

We'll go ahead and continue the story for now, then. In terms of your willingness to help me with game balance issues that potentially may come up with the revisions, I'll probably have you help me with that just be spot-checking some of the races. Hopefully it won't take more work that what normally is done when you read through my stuff. :)
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 12:50 am

...So many questions. We can assume that I am still here as long as I can maintain a large degree of ambiguity. I have some questions regarding the Lavospawn. How flexible is their physical appearance? Also, considering their mode of flight it may be appropriate to make some exceptions to normal average maneuverability, perhaps by allowing them to hover. Regardless of that though, they just don't seem to fit my characters background, personality, appearance, or class... so I'm thinking an entirely new character is in order. I'll figure that out shortly.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 5:38 pm

Cool. I do have a house rule in place for absent player behavior, so just let me know which form of control you'd like me to exert. Basically the two choices are: Normal DM control - you get access to all XP, etc., but you have a normal risk of injury/death (I'll roleplay you to a minimum, I try to avoid verbal communication). The other one is total absence - you get no XP, etc., but your condition is kept at the point at which you are absent. So you'll come back to your character exactly as he was.

I understand that a new character might be in order. The floating sacs was an aesthetic issue so I think adding the hover ability might be possible but balanced out by decreasing the maneuverability of the Lavospawn. I pictured them as long-limbed, heavy chitinous plates/carapace, not really all that flexible, and slowly-moving/lumbering... but sometimes very quick to lunge out and strike opponents.

But yeah that's fine, especially because i totally did a 180-degree turn with the half-fiend to lavospawn conversion... take your time and let me know. I'll keep the others occupied meanwhile.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptySat Jun 21, 2008 6:26 pm

Boomerwang wrote:
take your time and let me know. I'll keep the others occupied meanwhile.

oh great... here come the carnivorous plants...
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 4:10 pm

Ok, so I'm thinking that the new character will be a Makochild Ninja if that's ok with Boomer? Those are both from Zenith, correct? (I can't tell because that section is under revision).
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 6:05 pm

Crap, thanks for reminding me to update that section. Yes, that would be a valid combination. No problems, Ben.

I'll most likely not acid test the Makochild class now, since your gaming experience will provide the test. And probably a far more effective one than a mock battle. :)
Back to top Go down
ttbek

ttbek

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Oh, also since the Makochild is a template style race I'm going to use the Demihuman for the base race if that's ok. Last question before I proceed: in the progression chart for the Makochild it says Mako shell +2 at each level, but in the description for Mako shell it says that it is a +1 AC bonus at each level up to third. The later is correct, right? I think that this combination will allow me to keep a large part of the original character intention intact, though I still should do some significant background and other revisions.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyMon Jun 23, 2008 10:47 pm

Demihuman is cool. Yes you are right, the latter is correct. Sounds good, keep me posted.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 EmptyFri Jun 27, 2008 8:45 am

Summer Roleplaying Situation

Here is what we will do.

Because of the lull in the game caused by summer unavailability with player/DM schedules, we will have a temporary summer group. This summer group will be determined on a first come, first serve basis by those who indicate their availability by

1. Contacting me with intent to partipcate
2. Updating/making their character sheets (.doc file and forum profile)

No guarantees if either is lacking. If you wish to participate but cannot immediately respond, notify me as soon as possible with the date you will be available. My group size will be limited to six people (there are currently ten players).

As mentioned yesterday in my OOC post, I was going to provide for you a blank character sheet if you wanted to re-do your character. That is unnecessary - if you wish to use the "do-over" approach to revising your character, simply re-use your current sheet. The "do-over" approach is suggested for players who wish to save time by remaking their characters using the new race/class info so that they will not have to look through the documents trying to detect small changes made to their race/class.

At a minimum, all races have altered languages to suit the new system used in Novemterra, and many class ability names have changed. Most races have undergone more significant contextual and technical changes that you need to be informed of.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character
Page 14 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15  Next