A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character

Go down 
+6
safirgar
Snaphin
MeNotHolgar
RaSa
Alterith
Boomerwang
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 5:02 pm

No, I have fights with him, but he only ever actually took full control one time (at least, I only took the bonus once).
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 10:40 pm

so everyone's favorite bloodlust is sleeping on the job when we're fighting the dungeon BOSS. great...... he's helpful
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:39 am

lol...he's my prime antagonist...and Alterith is just about the same at fighting...just a little less dmg and a little less hp Razz
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:33 am

hahaha....... well good, as long as you're still effective :)
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 6:52 pm

At least until he steals my soul Wink
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 7:13 pm

meh.... he seems like a killing machine who keeps no interest in anyone else but the battle...... exactly the type of tool Rasa would like to have handy :)
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:51 am

problem is...he kills unconditionally till nothing is left standing...you don't want to be nearby when the enemies are all dead Wink
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue8/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)
Offense: damage: 1d6+2, attack: Melee: +2, Rng.: +2, Init: +2
Defense: AC: 15, flat footed: 13

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 12:24 pm

we have yet to see Rasa's fabled conniving behavior. i'm not convinced that he's even evil yet.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 2:30 pm

safirgar wrote:
we have yet to see Rasa's fabled conniving behavior. i'm not convinced that he's even evil yet.

He hasn't really don't anything good yet..... but he has done some things that made everyone else feel uncomfortable. He's currently injured, so he's less than willing to help. If i were good, i'd be charging into the room with hp shooting darts from the other side of the room. He considers everyone in the room (besides alterith) merely a tool to help him with his goals.

Alterith wrote:
problem is...he kills unconditionally till nothing is left standing...you don't want to be nearby when the enemies are all dead Wink

That's why i need to make sure i use bloodlust carefully :)
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 12:03 am

RaSa wrote:
safirgar wrote:

He hasn't really don't anything good yet..... but he has done some things that made everyone else feel uncomfortable. He's currently injured, so he's less than willing to help. If i were good, i'd be charging into the room with hp shooting darts from the other side of the room. He considers everyone in the room (besides alterith) merely a tool to help him with his goals.

just because one is good does not mean that one would intentionally put one's self in harm's way, especially if one is critically injured. while they may try to do something to aid their companions, one would not necessarily need to make the ultimate sacrifice to do so. again, alignment is not the only ingredient in determining one's actions... history and motivation are key tools in determining how one will act given a specific scenario.

krytox is not necessarily good, yet is in the midst of the battle. moreover, one who is not necessarily evil might make decisions based on self-preservation over the preservation of a stranger.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 11:15 am

true, but what i'm saying, is you'll find many more good characters who are willing to sacrifice themselves for others than evil characters. In fact, the only situation where an evil character that would sacrifice itself for another that i can think of, is when they know if they don't follow their master's orders, they'll be tortured and killed anyway.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 11:49 am

That isn't at all true, evil characters regularly sacrifice their lives to preserve others. Many emotions can be linked to this. Love would be the biggest, but so would loyalty, honor, justice, fear, insanity, pretty much anything you can come up with. The human race (humanoid in game terms) is kinda unique in that we are 100 percent focused on self preservation, until another is in danger, at which point we become almost suicidal in the preservation of life. An evil character can easily sacrifice him/herself to save the life of a child or a loved one. Evil doesn't mean emotionless. Even chaotic evil characters are not necessarily bound to sacrifice all to save themselves. In fact, they are almost more likely to sacrifice themselves just because it'd mess with the system. It can be used as a statement, or it could be that they see greater personal gain by moving to the afterlife. Just because you are of an evil alignment doesn't mean you are a sadistic killer who cares nothing for anything or anyone. Lawful evil may still be bound by a code of honor, just not by the established law. Look at the mob, they often sacrifice themselves for a loved one, a brother, a father, or just another member of their "family". Neutral evil is the most likely to be out for themselves, but again are not bound to be emotionless killers only out to preserve their own lives. Some evil characters are truly emotionless and care nothing for preserving the lives of others (see Raistlin in Dragonlance's "War of the Twins". But this doesn't mean you have to play a character this way, it is only an option. You mentioned that you don't care for anyone in the group in the room with the exception of Alterith, that they are just tools. Obviously you can frame a character to have feelings and care about the welfare of others. The choice you make about giving your life for another is dictated by your own idea's and ideals, not by alignment at all.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 2:18 pm

what you said does all make sense to me. But it also points to the fact that i don't have to be blatantly evil, all the time. once again, for gary's sake, I DON'T HAVE TO BE A MERCILESS KILLER WHO SPITS ON EVERYONE AROUND HIM WHILE TRYING TO STAB THEM IN THE BACK ALL THE TIME TO BE EVIL.

kthxbai

Also, i do believe that it was stated that my character's opinion was to kill the boy who is currently with mystia because he sided with the enemy (evil), while Alterith quickly disagreed and asked that we give the boy another chance to redeem himself (and maybe a spanking or two) (GOOD)

my evil alignment is there in the campaign, it's just not apparent in every single one of my posts as you want.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 3:22 pm

Yeah, I never had an issue with how you play your character. The evil alignment basically just gives you the option of being a cold blooded a$$hole whereas a truly good person doesn't usually have that option. We can be the a$$ but just not too cold blooded about it Wink Remember at the beginning Jerry posted that link about alignment which said that it shouldn't be the crutch we all make it out to be in justifying actions. It should merely be a tool to further develop and shape your character, you should use it, it shouldn't be a boundary to your character's actions, however.
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue8/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (8/8)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 pm

well played with the $$'s. and fair enough, andrew.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 8:52 pm

here is the link to the alignment article that i posted on one of the other forums... just in case somebody didn't read it before and is in the dark now
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 12:21 am

eh, i know i read it, i probably just forgot about it. and with that, i'll read it again later.....
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 1:13 am

lies...
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 10, 2008 9:08 am

you're probably rite
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 5:31 pm

dan is back... and now everyone else* is AWOL? wtf?

* - excluding andrew, ben, me and gary who can't seem to pull ourselves away from this
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 10:34 pm

Is it just me who is unable to view the location maps?

Sorry about the inactivity. I"ve been packing, moving, and now unpacking. We have internet back up now.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 11, 2008 11:29 pm

glad to hear the move is going all right. i am able to see the maps, though, the last dm post did not have one (at least I don't see one).
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 12:24 am

What the... I thought I posted an apology about the delay in the game... in fact, I saw the post confirmation screen. What the...

Yeah, the broken map links is my fault. I've been reorganizing my 'mfile' (UofM personal file space), so those map links no longer work. I'm feeling lazy right now (plus I've got a math exam tomorrow) so I'm gonna delay in bringing those back up.

Anyways, it won't be long before Chapter 1 is complete now. =)
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 1:34 am

Boomerwang wrote:
What the... I thought I posted an apology about the delay in the game... in fact, I saw the post confirmation screen. What the...

Yeah, the broken map links is my fault. I've been reorganizing my 'mfile' (UofM personal file space), so those map links no longer work. I'm feeling lazy right now (plus I've got a math exam tomorrow) so I'm gonna delay in bringing those back up.

Anyways, it won't be long before Chapter 1 is complete now. =)

After we have a few new corpses...... hopefully not too many being my pawns *cough* i mean allies
Back to top Go down
safirgar

safirgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2008 7:47 pm

HP is for sissies...... help? :'|
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character
Page 8 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11 ... 15  Next