A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character

Go down 
+6
safirgar
Snaphin
MeNotHolgar
RaSa
Alterith
Boomerwang
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
AuthorMessage
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:55 am

or you could 'take 20'... but i can't remember if that applies to str/dex type checks? we're not in combat, so you've got time and this is a possible option.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 3:58 pm

It wouldn't be in this case unless you were trying to find a plank to lay across the gap. The take 20 option implies that there is no penalty for failing the check.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:28 pm

yeah, i knew there was some catch... i just didn't feel like getting the book and looking it up. that being said, there could be situational bonuses that jerry would let you apply to your check though (you really care about krytox and want to save him [higher motivation], no distractions to take your attention away from the jump, a friggin huge running start, etc.). but any of these would be dm discretion and may not be known to you prior to making the check. either way, i should be fine unless the 'mind-dakkon' runs me through and my sanity snaps like a twig... but we're not playing cthulu... right? guys...? drunk
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 7:18 pm

lol, you never know Razz And as I've mentioned before, the ravine isn't a perfectly straight gap, it is closer in areas, and wider in other areas, you could find a shorter gap and easily jump it. I mean, any one of us could easily cover 5 feet with a running start, even without any training. If you have a strength above 10 you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:30 am

or .. like Ben says, two of us can pick you up and toss you across like a sack of potatoes! :D

Anyways, I have a retreat this weekend. Thus I won't be able to post during that time. The retreat ends Sunday. Don't wait for me to post. Jerry can auto DM. Though I'm guessing not much fighting in the meantime ... ... unless that's what Rasa went to look for. Razz
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:34 am

yeah, i can't really do much either... seeing as there have been no updates for me. i will post after the next dm post.
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Number of posts : 844

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)
Offense: +1 BAB
Defense: AC= 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 18, 2008 12:52 am

Snaphin wrote:
or .. like Ben says, two of us can pick you up and toss you across like a sack of potatoes! :D

Anyways, I have a retreat this weekend. Thus I won't be able to post during that time. The retreat ends Sunday. Don't wait for me to post. Jerry can auto DM. Though I'm guessing not much fighting in the meantime ... ... unless that's what Rasa went to look for. Razz

MOAR BATTLES!

no..... honestly, until i gain like 3-4 levels, combat is not something i ever want to be in. Once i get to level 3 of my class (level 5 character) I will be significantly more dangerous on the battle field. but right now i'm just a little squishy with 6 hp and a hand crossbow. and other than gaining faire fire and a few other random dark elf abilities at level 2, not much will change.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 7:02 pm

Alterith wrote:
lol, you never know Razz And as I've mentioned before, the ravine isn't a perfectly straight gap, it is closer in areas, and wider in other areas, you could find a shorter gap and easily jump it. I mean, any one of us could easily cover 5 feet with a running start, even without any training. If you have a strength above 10 you should be fine.

To clarify for future reference, I'll provide an average width that will always apply. The appearance of the ravine was simply aesthetic as I didn't want to just draw a straight black line, which would have been lame. To simplify things as much as possible, despite taking an "average width" in future encounters with this situation, characters will be free to stand in any full spaces not infringed upon by the ravine depiction.

By the way guys, I've made a decision recently regarding group size. I'll give you the full scoop after Chapter 1 ends, but for now I will say that I no longer plan on running "Dual Strike Teams." As unfortunate as it is, what will happen will fall more along the lines of what's been happening with our country's economy.
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue9/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (9/14)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 7:50 pm

OH NOES! JERRY IS LAY OFF CHARACTERS!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 9:52 pm

RaSa wrote:
OH NOES! JERRY IS LAY OFF CHARACTERS!!!!!!

hahaha, nice. i should be able to post tomorrow evening in-game. i'm currently in Charleston, IL visiting Laurie and don't have any resources with me. updates pending!
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue-9/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 19, 2008 11:34 pm

okay, let's decide who gets cut. i'm cleric, so i get to stay xD
Back to top Go down
RaSa

RaSa

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 2:03 am

I'm the trap finder :) i should also get to stay. Alterith and Krytox make great meat shields, so they should also stay. We just need a spell caster(artillery), and i think we got everything covered.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 20, 2008 2:14 pm

The OOC thread is temporarily locked until the current gaming group issue is addressed. This thread will reopen at the start of Chapter 2.

Please refer to the new thread to discuss that issue. At this point, discussion will revolve around volunteers to retire early, as well as potential members who wish to GM and whether that new game would be best done as an extension to Novemterra or a totally new game (I personally have no preference there).

Update: Discussion ended. This ooc thread has now been unlocked to continue gameplay.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 5:41 am

Edit: Correction (18:00, 4/24/08 ET)

In the interest of keeping things moving, I will determine treasure distribution. In the interest of fairness I will bypass the Appraisal aspect entirely and use the actual treasure values of the items (though they will still not be revealed until you actually get them appraised somehow).

This change in plan has occurred so that the new groups can be divided into their respective member groups. All players will have view access across both games, but not posting access. When interchanges occur, members will need to switch groups.

Meanwhile, as covered in the Epilogue post at the conclusion of Chapter 1, feel free to update your characters' levels - they'll level up the conventional way, not the way suggested by the house rule (which I am deleting).

Chapter 2 commencing soon!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 6:11 pm

Group Distribution

Gaming groups have been divided as follows:

DM hikaritenchi (David):

Alterith (Ben)
Rasa (Andrew)
Squin (Zadok)
Skythar (Jack)

DM Boomewrang (Jerry):

Krytox (Alex)
The Traveler (Gary)
?? (Trevor)
Mystia (David)

Additional (new) players will be taken in at each DM's discretion.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 6:24 pm

sweetness.

jerry - if i want to take a class instead of a monster level, do i just assume level 1 of the class and apply that to Krytox? i'll PM you with details if you can't give me a quick/simple answer on here.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:58 am

Yeah Alex, we can figure that out via PM.

Guys, check the Treasure Records thread for new developments. Specifically, read over the scroll you guys found on Holg's body.

I'm going to make a Chapter Transition thread tomorrow that will allow us to roleplay out some of the plot developments going on and get you guys fully on the ball, story-wise.

Fyi, I'm going to be gone from Saturday till next Saturday. It was a planned trip with my church group up north. It is indeed a bummer that it has to happen as things are starting to pick up. But things will get right back into full swing when I return.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue-9/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:59 am

That also gives me plenty of time to figure out wtf i'm doing, lol...
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyFri Apr 25, 2008 2:29 pm

/ DM ABSENCE NOTICE /

April 25 - May 4
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 5:34 pm

Just a note guys, Mystia is being retired at the end of Chapter 1. I went ahead and told Jerry to tell me the entire story so that I could be a better DM for my guys. sorry xD

In any case, she will definitely show up as a NPC for my group, maybe in Jerry's, so you won't have to miss her too much! xDDDD

I'll try to role play it out in the transition thread, 'cause I guess that's what it's for...
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 2:57 pm

so... if mystia is retiring, that leaves this group w/ only 3 members. this is assuming trevor is making a character. are we going to get a replacement? also... is there currently an overall OOC thread? if someone brings up a question here and ben/andrew/jack/zadok know the answer, they can't respond directly.
Back to top Go down
Archtemplari

Archtemplari

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue14/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Offense: BAB: +1 Melee: 4 Ranged: 2
Defense: AC: 15 FF: 14 Touch: 11

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptySun Apr 27, 2008 4:26 pm

yeah i noticed the same thing for the opposite direction. would be nice to be able to ooc chat about stuff that's going on related to the game.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 9:54 am

Alterith wrote:
You're acting as if he ever said anything we needed to hear Wink j/k alex, but since you can't respond here :D

you bastard... haha
Back to top Go down
Archtemplari

Archtemplari

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2008-01-15

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Left_bar_bleue14/14OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty_bar_bleue  (14/14)
Offense: BAB: +1 Melee: 4 Ranged: 2
Defense: AC: 15 FF: 14 Touch: 11

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2008 11:38 am

oh and...yes, i'll be making a character. I just haven't settled on a suitably awesome kind, yet.

EDIT: i see (variant) next to a couple of classes, notably paladin. which variant paladin is this? i probably have the sourcebook for it (hooray for .pdf) but i don't know where to look. (or maybe it's homebrew?)
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:55 am

I just made the common OOC thread. Use it as you wish. Also, I think Jerry is using a custom variant. unless there's a standard variant? lol.

In any case, Mystia regrets not being able to continue on with your group. she *is* a mermaid, after all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character
Page 12 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next