A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character

Go down 
+4
Alterith
RaSa
MeNotHolgar
Boomerwang
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:05 pm

MeNotHolgar wrote:
Zadok, is your short bow composite or not? If it is, I think you can add your strength bonus to your damage. If it isn't, then disregard this post.

I thought it was mighty composite bows that allows one to add strength. Like a Mighty composite +1 allows you to add up to +1 str to your damage, as long as you had the +1 str. If you didn't have enough strength, you'll actually get a negative to using to bow (too weak to pull hard enough). Mighty composite bow +3 allows up to +3 damage from strength. That's what I remember when from a while ago (last time I used a character specializing in bows).

Though, I'm using a shortbow (masterwork).
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:30 pm

I'll double check this information tonight and get back to you guys. I'll probably just edit this post directly so look for that. Game post to come soon!
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 12:55 pm

Snaphin wrote:
I thought it was mighty composite bows that allows one to add strength.

I think 3.5e did away with the 'mighty' term, but everything else you said still is correct. Instead of having mighty whatevers, it looks like it is now just 'Shortbow' and 'Composite Shortbow'. The composite would have the (Str +3) allowing up to +3 to be added to the attack. Basically what you described. A regular shortbow would not allow for the added strength bonus (in essence a composite shortbow; str +0).
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 5:49 am

So since all speed is relative anyway, if our bodies and the arrows are all moving in slow motion, but we post a whole lot in between, that means that our minds are faster than our bodies, and therefor we should be able to perceive the arrows at their slower speed and avoid them, even though our bodies are slowed as well, since our reaction time would be almost instantaneous with them leaving their point of origin, correct?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyFri Jul 31, 2009 9:15 pm

Boomerwang wrote:
I'll double check this information tonight and get back to you guys. I'll probably just edit this post directly so look for that. Game post to come soon!

just repost. if you edit this post, it won't show us that new posts have been added. also, since other people have posted, it would be easy to not look above at previously read posts for new content.

Ben - don't give the NPCs any outs. If we can dodge, so could they!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:28 am

They already dodged my natural 20, I'm just looking to get the same benefit Razz
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 01, 2009 11:31 am

Gotcha, makes sense. Ok, regarding the composite bows, Alex is correct that composite bows now grant Strength bonuses to damage. So by default, a "composite longbow" (for example) would not grant any bonus damage due to Strength, but a "composite longbow (+2 Str bonus)" would grant a +2 bonus to damage for wielders who have a +2 Strength bonus or higher.

The kicker is that if the wielder does not meet the Strength rating of the bow, he takes a -2 penalty to attack, and only applies what Strength bonus he has (he can't effectively use the bow to its maximum advantage). So if Jerry the Fighter has a +1 Strength bonus and tries to use a composite longbow (+3 Str bonus), he takes - 2 to attack and +1 to damage.

I found this on p.119 PHB, so anyone feel free to check and confirm that this is correct (the entry there is "Composite Longbow.")
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 10:34 am

I've gotta admit, I'm having trouble keeping interest in this. It's hard to have good continuity in my posts when they are coming at a pace of about 1 per month. I don't want to tell people how often to post, because I understand people get busy, etc. What I'm hoping for is a realistic expectation of how often posts will be coming. If the expectation is about 1 post per month, that's fine, I just want to know so I can prepare myself accordingly. I'm looking forward to pressing on with this campaign!
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:12 am

Thanks for voicing your concerns, Alex. I myself am posting less frequently than I'd like to, but given that I haven't been able to keep myself up with my original expectations... I will say it is reasonable at this rate to have at least one post per week from me, at minimum. This will increase in the near future, but let's use it as a starting point.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 9:47 am

thanks, looking forward to it!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 1:55 pm

Basically alex and I will post at least once a week, you will respond to us whether or not anyone else has posted...and Alterith will quadruple his forward motion :D
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:18 am

I'd say that's more than reasonable! Hopefully developing my consistency as far as posting habits are concerned will also spur the others to be more consistent to. I think that will in turn help us all enjoy the story more. I agree that with less frequent posting, it's gets difficult to stay interested simply because to come back to this story to continue the next moment is like rebooting yourself mentally and it gets tough to stay on the same page after a long time of having to do that...
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue-9/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:04 am

oh hey, i was going to post, but then bad things started happening iRL. I should be back up to speed shortly. Feels like I'm playing AoE2, stupid monks were so slow, and held up the entire group.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 5:48 am

lol...I hear that, and I know stuff happens IRL and that is definitely more important than posting on here. I'm just saying that Alex and me have no lives so we always post Wink
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 9:33 am

Alterith wrote:
lol...I hear that, and I know stuff happens IRL and that is definitely more important than posting on here. I'm just saying that Alex and me have no lives so we always post Wink

/signed. what is RL...? haha
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 pm

anyone who reads Penny Arcade may have already seen this... but here goes (scroll down a bit on the page): http://penny-arcade.com/2009/8/3/

pretty amazing if you ask me. simple, yet so complex. anyway, thought it was cool enough to share with the group!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 4:19 pm

That is pretty sweet...now are you talking about the fact that they ran a game all the way to lvl 11 or the map he made? I think the first is even more impressive than the second.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:06 pm

yeah, lvl 11 is impressive. though, it depends on a) how often they are playing, b) how much distraction they have, and c) how generous the dm is with xp awards. while our old group played fairly frequently and i think Gert (or whoever was the DM) was pretty generous with XP, we were so frequently distracted by everything around us that we didn't get much done in general. it also sounded like the penny-arcade dm had a very good grasp on the story he was telling (not unlike Jerry with Novemterra), so I'm sure that helped guide things forward for the majority of the players' time. Having a nemesis sounds like it could be fun, though potentially very frustrating. the miniatures are a nice touch, but i bet they can get pretty expensive...

in any case, the tower was pretty sweet as well.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Left_bar_bleue-9/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 1:10 am

can i post? i've been kinda waiting for some DM intervention at this point, but if that's not a problem, I'll go ahead and assume it's the next round?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 9:39 am

i would say post as much as you want. i'm sure jerry will sort out what happens in each round.

(^^ read: heal me! heal me! heal me! heal me! heal me! heal me!)
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 4:53 pm

lol, if the dm is slow to post it means the opponents are slow to react. I'm adhering to the 1 post per week he set. If he fails to post by any giving weekend then I will assume that the enemy is sleeping on their feets and perform my next round action accordingly. Kind of how it works in chat room role playing (ie, each person posts an action, then the other person posts a reaction...if they miss a post and post something that doesn't address your action then you can dictate what happens :D )
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 6:22 pm

Thanks for asking. David, go ahead and post. I would generally agree with what Alex said, and say you guys can post as much as you want without abusing the rules (which I'm sure you guys wouldn't... Wink). As mentioned, I'll sort it out. I think this would be a smart way for us to approach this game given our slower pace at the moment.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 7:52 am

cools.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 5:53 pm

Alterith wrote:
lol, if the dm is slow to post it means the opponents are slow to react. I'm adhering to the 1 post per week he set. If he fails to post by any giving weekend then I will assume that the enemy is sleeping on their feets and perform my next round action accordingly. Kind of how it works in chat room role playing (ie, each person posts an action, then the other person posts a reaction...if they miss a post and post something that doesn't address your action then you can dictate what happens :D )

lol, I'm so not endorsing this. Rolling Eyes Razz

[edit: P.S. I'm going to make a map of this battle situation with the pirate captain and her entourage... so that will take a little bit of time because I can't find my original map files. Alex, you'll have the visuals you requested before but didn't get. Wink Also, for this one I'd like everyone to reroll their Initiative. What'll happen is I'll do a DM post soon, and then you guys can post your new Initiative along with your actions. Since some of you have already posted what you're planning on doing, just put a note in your new post (after mine) stating you're going to keep going with your original plan. Thanks!]
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:51 am

maps look great! however, when is the DM post? To me, it seems like I'm supposed to post, saying "I heal Krytox like planned", and then re-roll initiative, is that all?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character
Page 9 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next