A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

OOC - Out Of Character

Go down 
+4
Alterith
RaSa
MeNotHolgar
Boomerwang
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 4:28 pm

I gotta share...the random rolls for the combat that Alterith recently went through (see my post for the results)

Initiative:+4
Random number (1,20) :

Attack:+6
Random number (1,20) :

Damage:+3
Random number (1,10) :

Intimidate:+1
Random number (1,20) :
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Number of posts : 825
Registration date : 2008-01-13

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 6:50 pm

Yeah, pretty crazy!
Back to top Go down
https://amurizon.rpg-board.net
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue1/0OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (1/0)
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyFri May 01, 2009 4:26 pm

Howdy folks,

I'l be up north (at Cedar Campus, right after Mackinaw Bridge, but I don't know exactly where), from Sunday the 3rd to Saturday the 9th, following by a friends' gathering that same day (the 9th). No internet during this time, so I'll be happy to continue our adventure after that!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue31/21OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun May 24, 2009 9:36 am

You don't need me to repost my initiative do you ?
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 7:53 pm

It's a new encounter, so you'll need to reroll.

Razz
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:02 pm

re: Krytox throwing torch

The tower is around 60 feet tall. We'll say a torch has a range increment of 20 feet and is counted as an exotic weapon. Thus, it would be 3 range increments from the base of the structure to its top (to where Krytox wants to throw the torch). At the moment, the structure is 300 feet away from the lighthouse. That gives a total of -8, -4 for exotic weapon, and -4 for two extra range increments.
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 8:20 pm

By the way fellas, be prepared for a surprise. :D
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)
Offense: Init +4; Melee +5; Ranged +6
Defense: AC 20; Touch AC 14; Flat footed AC 16;

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyWed May 27, 2009 9:22 pm

Boomerwang wrote:
By the way fellas, be prepared for a surprise. :D

The storyline will be moving along faster now? We've got some other players back involved? Sweet! bounce
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 5:46 am

Heh, nice call zadok. And I posted a new initiative in my action leaving the lighthouse and approaching the wooden structure covering any first encounter until I reach the wooden structure. I was asking if you needed me to generate another new initiative or if you were just going to use that one.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:57 am

two questions regarding the torch:

1) typically if I were trying to hit a gargantuan creature wouldn't there be a bonus to strike? shouldn't it be similar to hit a gargantuan structure (that isn't moving)?

2) is a torch really an exotic weapon? any thug on the street in real life can throw a molotov cocktail. I won't argue this point too much, but it seems like a simple enough weapon to just heave.

Anyway, accuracy isn't quite as important when you've got a bunch of oil about to explode all over a wooden structure, eh? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyThu May 28, 2009 9:39 pm

Very funny, Zadok. Just kidding. Gotcha, Ben, thanks for re-rolling Initiative. Alex, you are right on point (1), and if Krytox were to strike, a size (and immobility) bonus to attack would be applied. On point (2), a torch isn't designed to be thrown as a ranged weapon. On a side note, even if it were a molotov, a nonproficiency penalty would still apply (both of these - cocktail and torch - used in this manner fall under "improvised weapon"). In the example of thugs using it, even if rioting crowds have used molotov cocktails effectively in real life, I'd simply attribute that to the relative ease to hit their targets, not their skill with throwing such objects. Your last point is pretty valid, and should Krytox choose to attack the tower in this way, it will be factored in as well. Just keep in mind that at the current pace, it will take Krytox at least two more rounds of running to get within throwing range.

Last edited by Boomerwang on Fri May 29, 2009 6:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue16/33OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyFri May 29, 2009 9:50 am

sounds good! thanks for the update. I forgot about the improvised weapon rules, because it definitely would fall under that category now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue-9/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)
Offense: I+3 / M-1 / R+2
Defense: Full AC: [13], Touch AC: [12], Flat-footed AC: [11]

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:35 pm

Boomerwang wrote:

1. Overland: No fees, 5 days.
  2. Overland with guide: 4 sp, 4 days.
  3. Overland with ally: 5 gp +10% spoils, 4 days (helps with encounters).
  4. Oversea by transport: 100 gp, 2 days.
  5. Oversea: What are you, Superman?

[i][color=gray]Please vote in OOC, or state your intention to abstain. Along with your vote, add a Diplomacy (or Charisma) check. This will be used to resolve ties/differences. Thanks!

No, not Superman...just a mermaid!
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:55 pm

sweet...mystia is finally bringing our sammiches!!! mmm healing sammiches. *chomp chomp* charge!!
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun May 31, 2009 4:56 pm

oh yes, they will be delicious for the state zadok and i are in.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue12/18OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (12/18)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 11:07 am

Definitely ... I'm (day)dreaming again ... or are they illusions ... whatever ...
Back to top Go down
Boomerwang
Admin
Boomerwang

Character
HP:
Offense:
Defense:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 2:00 am

Heh, nice.

I realized in my previous post I had said "count as improved weapon" - I was thinking "improv'd weapon" but didn't realize "improved weapon" points to something totally different. Thankfully it'd edited now, haha.

re: Mystia ooc
You're good, David. The entry has been well-staged.

The rest of you guys now have a chance to post a response to Mystia's entry before my next DM post. If you plan on waiting until the next DM post to post again, please post here so I know not to wait for you. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 10:40 am

i'm a lizard on a mission. no new posts coming from me.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:42 pm

I'm in a full tilt attack, so nothing particular from me, I'm pretty sure David posted that he is staying out of my way anyway, so I probably don't even notice him.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:
OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Left_bar_bleue-9/8OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty_bar_bleue  (-9/8)

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 4:50 pm

oh man, i just noticed this, the HP bars below your name...I guess they're actually kinda useful! I know who needs some healing sammiches the most, at a simple glance! ha ha! no more going back, looking through DM posts, trying to figure out who got hit for the most damage!

does the system accurately reflect negative hit points?
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptySun Jun 07, 2009 9:35 pm

yes, i believe so. i was at negative hp and it said (-1)/23 or something thereabouts. It doesn't display the actual bar in the negatives, but the numbers should be accurate.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyWed Jun 10, 2009 11:07 am

MeNotHolgar wrote:
yes, i believe so. i was at negative hp and it said (-1)/23 or something thereabouts. It doesn't display the actual bar in the negatives, but the numbers should be accurate.

My recollections were something similar. Though I was further into the negatives than (-1) at one point.
Back to top Go down
Snaphin

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 10:32 am

hikaritenchi wrote:

As Mystia rounds the corner to the lighthouse, she sees Skythar leaning against the door of the lighthouse, seemingly not able to move very fast, or with much volition. She rushes towards him, and tries to call him back from the dark recesses of unconsciousness. Seemingly unsuccessful, she guides him to a sitting position, his back leaning against the lighthouse, and out of harm's way.

Mystia turns around, and looks towards the wooden structure. She sees her two reckless companions charging headfirst towards it, and a small grin creeps across her face. They sure don't know when to stop, do they. Nevertheless, she decides to have a little chat with Squin, but not before leaning her javelins up against the lighthouse next to Skythar.

"What kind of trouble have you gotten yourselves into this time?" she jokes, as she starts looking at Squin's wounds. "How are you feeling?"

Uh ... how far are we from the lighthouse? I thought there was more distance between the pirate tower and the lighthouse.
Back to top Go down
hikaritenchi

hikaritenchi

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyMon Jun 15, 2009 2:31 pm

huh, this might be my mistake, i thought there was something like 300 ft between the two, and that Squin was hanging around the lighthouse. In any case, if this isn't how you guys are situated, I'll take the extra rounds in order to check up on Skythar before going towards Squin again.
Back to top Go down
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Character
HP:

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2009 12:04 am

i think a map might be good so everyone knows the basic situation. jerry? bueller? haha, but only if you have time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC - Out Of Character   OOC - Out Of Character - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC - Out Of Character
Page 7 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next