A M U R I Z O N forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A M U R I Z O N forums

Online Roleplaying Community

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterAmurizon ArcadeLog in

[LunchMeat]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
MeNotHolgar

MeNotHolgar

Number of posts : 895
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Character
HP:
[LunchMeat] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue16/33[LunchMeat] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (16/33)
Offense: Init +3, Melee/Range +8/+6
Defense: AC: Full 20/ Touch 13/ Flat Footed 17

[LunchMeat] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [LunchMeat]   [LunchMeat] - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 12:08 pm

a number of trojans and hijacks. basically it disabled the task manager, registry editing and a few other things so you couldn't just end processes or delete things from the source. additionally it changed the desktop to say something like 'your computer has been stopped due to virus activity, activate your virus protection now.' which doesn't seem that bad, but it also had two separate legitimate looking windows pop-ups (one 'error' style and one that comes from the bottom tray near the clock) that basically say 'click here to activate your virus protection.' Of course, that's the catch, if you click there then [!] will hit the fan hardcore. I recognized this as the bigger issue and avoided clicking on anything. I used ATF_Cleaner and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (MBAM) to get rid of everything. It could've been bad, but I wasn't stupid enough to click on the warning messages. I'm guessing from what I read that if you do click on them, it'll download more stuff to your computer, but also ask you to purchase some anti-virus software. The problem is that the 'software' you are buying is either fake or just more viruses and now they have your credit card info and everything that goes along with it... sneaky bastards.
Back to top Go down
Alterith

Alterith

Number of posts : 755
Registration date : 2008-01-30

Character
HP:
[LunchMeat] - Page 3 Left_bar_bleue31/21[LunchMeat] - Page 3 Empty_bar_bleue  (31/21)
Offense: Melee:+7, Range:+9
Defense: AC:18

[LunchMeat] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [LunchMeat]   [LunchMeat] - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 16, 2010 5:24 pm

hrm...yeah I haven't seen any of that kind of stuff recently. I've had it in the past but that was a long time ago. I've immunized my system against a couple of them.
Back to top Go down

[LunchMeat]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A M U R I Z O N forums :: General :: Games-
Jump to: